eu how to find a govt job jan 2012 2
Post on 21-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPower Point Presentation delivered to EUCCC - Jan 17, 2012
- How to Find a Government Job
- Brian Pierskalla
- January 17, 2012
- Drop Your Business Card in the Basket
- TO WIN!
3. 4. 5.
- In a survey covering 1,262 respondents, among them, 47% (593) said they wanted to apply for civil service jobs because the government provides job security and it is unlikely to lay off any staff.
- Fringe benefits made 34 percent of respondents express their interest in working for the government.
6. 7. 8. 9.
- Most of California is under a Hiring Freeze, True. BUTYoull want to be there when the Floodgates Open!
- State Personnel Board /Statewide Needs Staff Services Analyst
10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. State Civil Service Hiring Process 20.
- Find Job Recruitments
- How to read an Exam Bulletin
- Create My Profile
- Score/Ranking/Eligible Lists
- Search for Vacancies
- Hiring Interview & Probationary Period
- Departments have discretion to interview and/or hire anyone in top three ranks.
- Hiring interview is conducted after you establish list eligibility.
- Find out about the mission/functions of the department.
- Review the duties and responsibilities on the job posting.
- If you are not selected, continue to apply for other job vacancies.
- Once hired:
- Probationary period can be six months to one year depending on the classification.
- When you successfully complete your probation, you will attain permanent status as a State employee.
- You can take other examinations while on probation as long as you meet minimum qualifications.
- You can transfer to other State agencies, but it is recommended that you first pass probation.
46. 47. 48. 49.
- California State Assoc. of Counties;www.counties.org
- Government Jobs;www.governmentjobs.org
- Assoc. of Bay Area Governments;www.abag.ca.gov
- CA State Jobs;www.jobs.ca.gov&www.spb.ca.gov
- Federal Jobs;www.usajobs.gov