out of 12
Post on 16-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. EXECUTING PROJECTS
- 2. Execution Those processes performed to complete the work defined in the project management plan to satisfy the project specifications.
- 3. Project Human Resource Management (Execution of Tasks and Outputs) Acquire Project Team The process of confirming human resource availability and obtaining the team necessary to complete project activities. The process of acquiring team members depends on the Staffing Management Plan using the Resource Histogram This is important because it will tell the project manager exactly who will be needed in the team that can get the job done Conduct orientation to acquired team members, highlighting the objectives and the desired goals
- 4. Develop Project Team The process of improving competencies, team member interaction, and overall team environment to enhance project performance. To make sure everyone on the team have the skills needed to do the project, trainings should be done to assess the capabilities of team members It is also important in human resource management that in keeping the team members motivated, rewards system should be made.
- 5. Manage Project Team The process of tracking team member performance, providing feedback, resolving issues, and managing changes to optimize project performance.
- 6. Project Communications Management (Execution of Tasks and Outputs) Manage Communications The process of creating, collecting, distributing, storing, retrievi ng and the ultimate disposition of project information in accordance with the communications management plan. 90% of the Project Managers job is communications Communications Management ensures that everybody gets the right message at the right time.
- 7. Communication Techniques Interactive communication Between two or more parties performing a multidirectional exchange of information It is the most efficient way to ensure a common understanding by all participants on specified topics, and includes meetings, phone calls, instant messaging, video conferencing
- 8. Push Communication Sent to specific recipients who need to receive the information Ensures that the information is distributed but does not ensure that it actually reached or was understood by the intended audience Push communications include letters, memos, reports, emails, faxes, voice mails, blogs, press releases
- 9. Pull Communication Used for very large volumes of information, or for very large audiences, and requires the recipients to access the communication content at their own discretion These methods include intranet, e-learning, lessons learned databases, knowledge repositories
- 10. Project Procurement Management (Execution of Tasks and Outputs) Conduct Procurement The process of obtaining seller responses, selecting a seller and awarding a contract There are times that a team needs to hire an outside company to do some jobs on the project, and this is called procurement and the outside company is called as the seller Bidding or Bidder conferences are held to look for a qualified seller that can do the job on the project. Tells how to handle changes to the contract (Administer Procurements) When the contract is underway, project managers make sure that the contract is adhered to. They monitor what the contractor is producing and make sure everything is running smoothly.
View more >