exodus 32, idolatry, hocus pocus, hoc est corpus, kill every man, laid down his life, israel will...
out of 40
Post on 28-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONExodus 32, Idolatry, hocus pocus, hoc est corpus, kill every man, laid down His life, Israel will possess the land forever, strike the rock, kill every man his brother, Book of Life, blotted out, Ss.
- Exodus 32 Exodus 32, Idolatry, hocus pocus, hoc est corpus, kill every man, laid down His life, Israel will possess the land forever, strike the rock, kill every man his brother, Book of Life, blotted out Meteora Greece
- Exodus 32:1-10
- Exodus 32:1 make us a god, Acts 7:39, They Didnt Just Stumble Into Idolatry NAS NAU Acts 7:39 "Our fathers were unwilling to be obedient to him, but repudiated him and in their hearts turned back to Egypt, ESV YLT KJV ...but thrust him from them... NET CSB ...but pushed him away... NKJ ...but rejected. ... This is the exact process Paul describes in Romans 1:18-25, reject God, turn to idols, set up false religion.
- Exodus 32:4, Make A Calf Idol? Exodus 32:4 He took this from their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool and made it into a molten calf; and they said, "This is your god, O Israel, who brought you up from the land of Egypt. Exodus 20:2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. 3 "You shall have no other gods before Me. 4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. Exodus 24:3all the people answered with one voice and said, "All the words which the LORD has spoken we will do!"
- Exodus 32:4, Why A Calf Idol? We idolize things we are familiar with. Like fancy cars, big houses, 401ks, TV, etc. They were familiar with bovine idols.
- Exod 32:4 God Made Adam Then Eve Exodus 32:4 He took this and fashioned it 1 Timothy 2:13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. I'm reminded of that second grade girl who came home from Sunday school one day. She was so excited about what she had learned. Her daddy asked her, "What did you learn in Sunday school?" The little girl replied, "Oh, Daddy, it was just so great, because you see, God created Adam first. Then God saw that it was not good for Adam to be alone, so God put Adam to sleep and took out his brains and made a woman out of them." And all the women said Amen! No, that's not in the Bible. That's in Second Allusions 3. No, we must remain biblical.
- Exodus 32:6, Party Hardy Exodus 32:6 So the next day they rose early and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play. The Ryrie Study Bible NIV, on page 138, says "to indulge in revelry. The word suggests sex play (it is the same Hebrew word as is used in Genesis 26:8). In light of the drinking and possible nakedness (verse 25 K JV; 1Corinthians 10:8), the scene likely became a drunken sex orgy."
- Exo 32:6, Burnt Offerings For Game Night Exodus 32:6 So the next day they rose early and offered burnt offerings
- Exodus 32:11-18
- Exodus 32:13, Possess The Land Forever Exodus 32:13 "Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, Your servants to whom You swore by Yourself, and said to them, 'I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heavens, and all this land of which I have spoken I will give to your descendants, and they shall inherit it forever.' Genesis 17:8 I will give to you and to your descendants after youall the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession. God gave the Holy land, including Israel, forever! All through the Bible God promises the Holy Land to Israel and her descendantsnot to the Muslims. . . . the land of which I swore to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob,
- Exodus 32:13, Possess The Land Forever saying, "To your descendants I will give it." Exodus 33:1 . . . the land that I gave to your fathers forever and ever. Jeremiah 7:7 . . . They will possess the land forever Isaiah 60:21-22 "This is the land which I swore to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, saying, I will give it to your descendants;" Deuteronomy 34:4 God chose Israel, not descendants of Ishmael (Genesis16:12), Bedouins, Persians, Babylonians, etc. The fighting in the Middle East is not over land. Rather, its about Gods land, and His promises, and people, their very existence
- Exodus 32:19-
- Exodus 32:19, 1st Giving Of Stone Is Not Received, But Shattered Exodus 32:19 It came about, as soon as Moses came near the camp, that he saw the calf and the dancing; and Moses' anger burned, and he threw the tablets from his hands and shattered them at the foot of the mountain. The 1st. Time the stone is broken, not the 2nd. Time The 1st. Time the stone is struck, not the 2nd. Time Exodus 17:6strike the rock, and water will come out NIV 1 Corinthians 10:4 and that rock was Christ. Numbers 20:11 Then Moses struck the rock twice John 1:11 He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him. NKJ 1 Corinthians 11:24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.
- Exodus 32:20, Made The Sons Of Israel Drink It Exodus 32:20 He took the calf which they had made and burned it with fire, and ground it to powder, and scattered it over the surface of the water and made the sons of Israel drink it. They used to make the delinquent kids smoke the whole cigar, or pack of cigarettes. Jesus was rejected at His 1st. Coming Matthew 23:39 "For I say to you, from now on you will not see Me until you say, 'BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!'"
- Exodus 32:21, What Happened Aaron? Exodus 32:21 Then Moses said to Aaron, "What did this people do to you, that you have brought such great sin upon them? [Brothers= those few sheep] How much torture and suffering did Aaron endure? Exodus 32:1 the people assembled about Aaron, and said to him, "Come, make us a god who will go before us; as for this Moses, the man who brought us up from the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him." 2 And Aaron said to them, "Tear off the gold
- Exodus 32:24, Not Guilty By Reason Of hocus pocus Exodus 32:24 "I said to them, 'Whoever has any gold, let them tear it off.' So they gave it to me, and I threw it into the fire, and out came this calf. hocus pocus 1694 Tillotson Sermon xxvi II 237: "In all probability those common juggling words of hocus pocus are nothing else but a corruption of hoc est corpus by way of ridiculous imitation of the priests of the Church of Rome in their trick (sic) of Transubstantiation.
- Exodus 32:25, Quid pro quo What Will The Neighbors Think? Exodus 32:25 Now when Moses saw that the people were out of control-- for Aaron had let them get out of control to be a derision among their enemies Exodus 32:12 "Why should the Egyptians speak, saying, 'With evil intent He brought them out to kill them in the mountains and to destroy them from the face of the earth '? Turn from Your burning anger and change Your mind about doing harm to Your people. Exodus 33:16 "For how then can it be known that I have found favor
- Exodus 32:27, Kill Every Man His Brother Exodus 32:27 He said to them, "Thus says the LORD, the God of Israel, 'Every man of you put his sword upon his thigh, and go back and forth from gate to gate in the camp, and kill every man his brother, and every man his friend, and every man his neighbor.'" If you saw a rabid dogs ravaging school children you would want to wipe out all the rabid dogs. Idolatry is worse! The penalty for sin is death! The Canaanites were doing child sacrifice, incest, bestiality, VDs, etc. Beware to America as we've killed over 50 million babies. (Joshua 11:14 Numbers 31:17 )
- Exodus 32:32, Blot Me Out? Exodus 32:32 blot me out Some think in these blot me out verses, the story seems like Moses is the hero and God is some angry, wrathful, overreacting ogre. Chuck Smith says, Remember Moses got to write the story! John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. 1 John 3:16 We know love by this, that He laid down His life for us; and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
- Exodus 32:32, Blot Me Out? Exodus 32:32 blot me out Ungers Commentary On The Old Testament on page 142 says This is a sublime portrayal of Moses concern for God's people This is taking lofty ideals to the limit. Could you do that? For wretched idolatrous, carousing sinners? Jesus did!
- Moses in Exodus 32:32 = Paul in Romans 9:2-4 Exodus 32:32 "But now, if You will, forgive their sin-- and if not, please blot me out from Your book which You have written!" Romans 9:2 that I have great sorrow and unceasing grief in my heart. 3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed, separated from Christ for the sake of my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh, 4 who are Israelites, to whom belongs
View more >
Types of Government And Their Purpose. Versions of “Social Contract Theory” Thomas Hobbes: “Every man is against every man...and the life of man is solitary,
Every man is a plastic artist who must determine ?· "Every man is a plastic artist who must determine…
Attaining Your Potential ●Complete in Christ "And we proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, that we may present
Playbook. Goal of Discipleship Colossians 1:28 We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, so that we may present every