out of 27
Post on 23-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONCreating digital presence for fashion brands by Maverick.Digital
- Fashionably SocialCreating digital presence forfashion brands
- Introduction The love between Fashion and Digital has now reached maturity. Fashion brands like Burberry, Asos, Kate Spade, Topshop, Berdorf Goodman are creating a strong digital presence across channels: Web, Social, Mobile and creating exclusive digital branded content. Especially in social media fashion brands are setting new benchmarks. At a time when social shopping and social aggregation applications are going from strength to strength, the face of online fashion retail is changing. In this presentation we would like to focus on this hot sector and share our thoughts on creating an efficient digital presence across multiple channels.
- Building BlocksTop 8 Tips forcreating digitalpresence for fashionbrands
- Tip 1: A website which is socially integrated Consumers are more and more sophisticated with the help of social media. They search for a specific trend, even a specific colour on their mind rather than a specific brand most of the times. They look for value, they look for quality but they mostly look for the cool factor. They share with friends, they buy what their friends share. They follow celebrities, bloggers, pinboards, lists, style guides and magazines. They are active anytime, anywhere. The website of a fashion brand can be the first point to access but with the help of new social tools it is also the last point of purchase. A new generation of fashion website has to be available at every stage on users dynamic journey.
- Tip 2: A good search strategy A good search strategy is crucial for reaching consumers covering strategic keywords for: Product category Colour grouping Latest seasonal fashion trend words There are 1 million searches in UK each month for clothing-related terms. ASOS dominate the market when it comes to visibility, while New Look have the best product keyword visibility score. 15/35 advertisers run out of PPC budget before the end of each day. Social sharing can create links for fashion retailers. Social media optimisation is key for increasing rankings in organic search.Source: Epiphany Fashion Report 2012
- Tip 3: Ready for mobile Consumers search for products and share about products anytime, anywhere. A fashion retailer website should be responsive to mobile devices. Ideally a specific multi-touch and gesture interface for iPad and Android tablet devices is suggested. Contextual menus, and simplified content are crucial for small screen smart phones.
- Tip 4: Differentiate with content Create exclusive online products, competitions and content for extra impact. Viral videos, look books, catwalk streaming are still strong. Celebrity endorsements are also creating extra buzz online. Provide white background, clean product images. So when images of your products shared on other platforms they still look good and attractive. Consumers love to pin images of their favourite clothes or share on Facebook with their friends.
- Tip 5: Encourage Sharing Dont limit yourself to Facebook, include Pinterest, Polyvore, Google+ on your product pages. Encourage customers to share their purchase after they complete their transaction. Keep in touch with the actual customers on social platforms, turn them into advocates. Follow up-and-coming social shopping, social curating sites. Integrate with them quickly to have a better visibility in a growing network.
- Tip 6: Collaborate Fashion bloggers have their own community, using social search tools, creating their own influence on trends and as a result have a strong impact on shopping decisions. Getting the most influential bloggers in your market onboard for seasonal activities, new product launches, even creating collaborative collections are a good way to reach an interest group. Follow the footsteps of Burberry, Topshop and Aldo.
- Tip 7: Dont just create, curate! Curation is the new search for fashion. Especially for female audiences, clothes shopping is no longer based on needs. It is an emotional experience, a way to express oneself. Highlight lifestyle aspects of your products. Use new generation start-up social shopping tools to create better visibility for your product. Provide tools for consumers to show their taste. Like Asoss fashion finder. Alternatively use the tools available online. Like Bergdorf Goodman using Polyvores mini interface on their Facebook page.
- Tip 8: Catch the trend quickly As a fashion brand, you are expected to be the trendsetter. If animated gifs are popular again, try to integrate them into your campaign quickly. Dont be a copycat, but also dont miss the voice of the consumer. If they want you to be on Pinterest, be there. Try and test new platforms and continuously evaluate their impact. Move on if it doesnt work for you.
- Summary: Keywords for success online Social integration Responsive design Portability Availability Search optimised Friendly Creative Exclusive Trendsetter Participator
- Social FashionTop social networks to meetconsumers and fans
- As the ultimate social network globally, Facebook presence is almost as important as a website for a fashion brand.Facebook While users spend more and more time on Facebook communicating with friends and networks, brands have so many different opportunities to create strong interactions with them on this platform. From F-Commerce to integration with other social networks like Instagram, social games to creating exclusive applications Facebook is a main destination for fashion brands. Facebook activities now came to a maturity level and brands are looking for different engagement methods rather than daily conversations. The Facebook page of the year in 2012, Bergdorf Goodman is a good example for this new type of engagement. They have integrated social platforms Polyvore and Instagram with specific apps into their Facebook platform.
- From announcing new products to providing links to exclusive content, fashion brands found many creative waysTwitter to use Twitter. As well as big fashion houses, high street fashion retailers also have their close followers. It is an instant news spreading and communicating mechanism for any brand. Burberry is creating some benchmark campaigns on Twitter. During 2012 LFW, Burberry shared exclusive Animated GIFS via Twitter (and as images on Instagram) before the models hit the runway, allowing followers to view the collection moments before anyone else. As a result #Burberry trended globally (for the second season in a row with its womenswear show) and Burberry has a combined following of over 860,000 on Twitter, making it the most followed luxury brand on Twitter.
- As the 2nd most popular search engine, YouTube is a fantastic platform for fashion brands.YouTube In a visual industry, the value of strong moving imagery is extremely high. In addition to sharing catwalk shows and TV style adverts brands can also use YouTube as a way of showcasing trends and as an influencing mechanism.
- Pinterest is probably the most talked about social network these days.Pinterest With high engagement numbers, impressive link generating figures and a heavily female biased userbase it is a very promising platform for fashion brands. Brands like Burberry, Asos, Guess and DKNY already using this platform creatively to connect with their fan base. Pinterest is creating efficient results especially when aiming to create the lifestyle aspect around a brand and connecting with the consumer on emotional levels.
- Thousands of fashion bloggers are using the microblogging platform to share their likes with the onlineTumblr community. Tumblr encourages fashion engagement with its brand by sponsoring leading bloggers to visit New York Fashion week for the past 2 years. Especially with easy Instagram integration, this platform bec
View more >