features of ios-7
out of 16
Post on 17-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONiOS-7 makes iPhone better and gives fabulas design and look.
- Name : Keyuri Viradiya En no. : 110060131016 Branch : Computer Science & Engg. Subject : Seminar Topic : IOS 7
- IOS7 latest version of Apples flagship mobile operating system. Successor to iOS 6. Announced at June 10,2013 Worldwide Developers Conference. Includes a redesigned user interface and a number of improvements to the operating system's functionality. The design of iOS 7's new elements was led by Jonathan "Jony" Ive, Apple's Senior Vice President of Industrial Design. Different from the versions that came before. Gone are the skeuomorphic designs and 3D effects, replaced by Sir Jony Ives flat design. A massive change for the six year old operating system.
- Features of ios7:- Control Center Multitasking Notification Center Safari Airdrop Camara & Photos Siri IOS in car App store iTunes radio Activation lock
- Control center:- Pull-up tray that is available in your lock screen. We can adjust brightness, volume, and other settings like Wifi, Airplane mode, rotation lock, or Bluetooth. Offers quick-access apps like flashlight, along with tabs for music, camera etc. Just swipe up to open.
- Multitasking:- A smarter way to multitask. Press the Home button twice to see preview screens of the apps you have open. To quit an app, just swipe it up and out of preview. Intelligently scheduled updates. iOS schedules updates during power-efficient times. Like when your device is on and connected to Wi-Fi. So your battery isnt drained unnecessarily.
- Notification Center:- Accessible in the lock screen. Today tab, for previewing the events calendar, stocks, and tomorrows events; provides traffic info on frequently visited places. Missed Filter - Can filter list to see notifications that occurred when you were not actively using your phone Bounces when swiped down quickly. Landscape support.
- Safari:- Safari opens straight into full screen mode now, with the option to pull down to bring up the search bar at the top. The search field has been improved to be a unified smart search field, which lets you have access to all your favorite websites with a single tap. Tabs come with a totally new interface, scrolling in a vertical carousel, and there are no longer any limits. In other words, you can have as many tabs as you want, as opposed to just 8 like before. Swipe a tab off to the side to throw it away. The new Safari is integrated with iCloud keychain from OS X Mavericks, and also comes with parental controls.
- Siri:- Siri has a new voice! It sounds similar, but also weird. You can choose a male or female voice, if you like. Voices include languages like French, German, and other languages over time. The visual UI has also been upgraded, with a sound wave going along the bottom. Siri has also been integrated with settings, letting you tell her to turn on bluetooth, or lower the screen brightness. The company has also added support for Twitter, Wikipedia, and shows web search results direct from Bing.
- App Store:- You can now search for apps based on location. Search for apps by the Louvre and see a lot of French museum apps. The App Store also automa- tically updates apps for you in the background now. Circular download progress animation during downloading/updating in Home Screen. Add to wish list. Volume purchase
- iTunes Radio:- Go from your music to more music. You can access Featured Stations, stations inspired by music you choose or already listen to, and more than 200 genre-based stations. Edit on the fly. Build new stations while you listen, and control the balance between playing the hits and discovering less familiar songs. See what youve heard. View the History of everything youve heard or added to your Wish List. Then tap to download the songs you want from iTunes.
- Airdrop:- Sending a photo or a document to someone via text or email is fine. It lets you quickly and easily share photos, videos, contacts and anything else from any app with a Share button. Just tap Share, then select the person you want to share with. AirDrop does the rest using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. No setup required. transfers are encrypted, so what you share is highly secure.
- IOS in car:- It puts the iOS homescreen on the screen of your car, and lets you search for directions, listen to music, etc. iOS's in-car functionality has been greatly improved with version 7. it's now possible to have iOS on- screen in a number of cars coming in 2014. You can control the system place calls, play music, look up directions all with your voice thanks to the improved Siri integration.
- Camara:- Camera in iOS 7 puts all your shooting formats still, video, panorama, and now square front and center. With a swipe, you can capture what you want the way you want Fast. You can apply filters to still and square photos. Pick a filter and see the effect before you take the picture. Panaroma Video
- Photos:- Inside a Collection. see photos from your trip organized into Moments according to date and location. A year or years in review. Tap the Year view and Every photo and video youve ever taken appears onscreen, almost like artwork. iCloud Photo Sharing. With iCloud, you can share your favorite moments with your favorite people by creating a shared photo stream. They can post photos, videos, and comments to your stream, and it all appears on everyones iOS devices automatically.
- Activation Lock:- This is for those of us who have had an iPhone stolen. If a thief steals your phone and tries to turn off Find My iPhone, they can no longer turn the device back on without your iCloud password. Users can also block messages and calls from other users.
View more >