first conditional. the first conditional is a structure used for talking about possibilities in the...
out of 26
Post on 17-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- First Conditional
- Slide 2
- The first conditional is a structure used for talking about possibilities in the present or in the future. This page will explain how the first conditional is formed, and when to use it.
- Slide 3
- if clause If you study hard, main clause you will pass the test.
- Slide 4
- main clause You will pass the test if clause if you study hard.
- Slide 5
- if clause if + subject + simple present verb main clause subject + will + verb
- Slide 6
- Using the first conditional The first conditional is used to talk about things which are possible in the present or the future -- things which may happen:
- Slide 7
- Example If it's sunny, we'll go to the park. Explanation: Maybe it will be sunny -- that's possible.
- Slide 8
- EXAMPLE: Paula will be sad if Juan leaves. EXPLANATION: Maybe Juan will leave -- that's possible.
- Slide 9
- Example: If you cook the supper, I'll wash the dishes. EXPLANATION: Maybe you will cook the supper -- that's possible.
- Slide 10
- Slide 11
- If you dont sleep well, you will get asleep in the classroom.
- Slide 12
- 1.- If you ________ an apple every day, you'll be very healthy.
- Slide 13
- 2 If we don't protect the elephant, it ________ extinct.
- Slide 14
- 3 She ________ completely different if she cuts her hair.( LOOK)
- Slide 15
- You'll pay higher insurance if you ________ a sports car. (BUY)
- Slide 16
- You ________ to see better if you turn on the lamp. (be able )
- Slide 17
- You ________ heart disease if you eat too much meat. (get)
- Slide 18
- If you don't put so much sugar in your coffee, you ________ so much weight! (not put on)
- Slide 19
- If a deer ________ into your garden, it ________ all your plants.(get/eat)
- Slide 20
- If I ________ some eggs, how many ________? (cook/eat)
- Slide 21
- Slide 22
- If I practice Yoga, I will get the balance. I will be in peace.
- Slide 23
- LETS DO THESE EXCERCISES.
- Slide 24
- 1. If you (not study), you (fail) the test. 2. We (die) if we (not get) help soon! 3. If you (look) in the fridge, you (find) some cold drinks. 4. If there (be) no oil in the engine, the car (break) down. 5. I (lend) you my umbrella if you (need) it.
- Slide 25
- 6. The sea level (rise) if the planet (get) hotter. 7. If you (eat) your sandwiches now, you (have) anything for lunch! 8. You (be) safe in an accident if you (wear) your seatbelt. 9. If he (save) all his money, he (be able to go) on holiday to Canada. 10. I (not come) with you if you (not bring) John!
- Slide 26
- Si hoy aprendiste, estas en la cima CONGRATULATIONS!
View more >