frank depaolo: reasons to stay fit
out of 12
Post on 13-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. R E A S O N S T O S TAY F I T B Y F R A N K D E PA O L O
- 2. Staying fit is not an easy thing to do, especially if you live in a city where work is always prioritized over being active. But, its vital for your health to make sure you get an adequate amount of exercise and proper nutrition on a daily basis.
- 3. Exercising should be incorporated into a daily routine, particularly for those who think you dont have the time.
- 4. As we grow older, our health becomes more and more dependent on exercise and eating well - so why not get started on forming good habits now? Here are a few reasons why staying fit is important
- 5. First, exercise will help increase your metabolism and control your weight. Many people only associate their metabolism with weight loss or weight gain, but in reality your metabolism measures how your body handles and uses nutrients.
- 6. This is pertinent as you get older, because the older you get, the more nutrients your body needs to stay healthy.
- 7. According to an article published by the University of Rochester Medical Center, strength training is a great way to boost your metabolism: Strength training increases muscle mass, which raises metabolism. One benefit is that your body uses more of the calories you take in because your resting metabolic rate increases. That leads to less body fat and makes it easier to control your weight, (10 Reasons to Keep Fit as You Age).
- 8. Being overweight can put you at risk for a multitude of health problems, especially as you age. Thats why its important to focus on increasing your metabolism by staying fit.
- 9. Next, staying fit will increase your bone density and limit osteoporosis, a bone condition that over 10 million Americans struggle with that weakens bones and increases your chances of getting hurt
- 10. By exercising, your bone strength increases, which puts will aid in preventing low bone mass. Exercises that help strengthen bones are usually weight-bearing, like walking and resistance exercises.
- 11. Lastly, getting an adequate amount of exercise on a daily basis will help improve your mood, which increases your overall quality of life. According to the University of Rochester Medical Center, Studies show it reduces depression. It can also lift your self-esteem. Being physically active can help you improve your sense of what you can do, (10 Reasons to Keep Fit as You Age).
- 12. For more information on why you should stay fit, please read the University of Rochester Medical Centers article here.
View more >