Geocaching in the Classroom A 21 st Century Scavenger Hunt using GPS and Cell Phones.
out of 6
Post on 23-Dec-2015
- Slide 1
- Geocaching in the Classroom A 21 st Century Scavenger Hunt using GPS and Cell Phones
- Slide 2
- What is geocaching? Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location. From Geocaching.com
- Slide 3
- Apps for iPhones Geocaching.com Intro Free Compass OpenCaching Commander Compass Lite Looking4Cache Lite GeoBucket
- Slide 4
- Android Apps
- Slide 5
- Sites to check out Geocaching.com http://www.geocaching.com/guide/ Lauries Geocaching page from UWA http://uwageocaching.wikispaces.com/home
- Slide 6
- Things to Bring Paper and pen/pencil Clipboard if you have one. SmartPhone with app loaded Android or iPhone Geocaching app or Compass app Comfortable clothes and shoes for walking around outside.
View more >
Integrating GPS & Geocaching into the Classroom Professional Development Incorporating GPS & Geocaching into your classroom Presenter: Whitney Stone.