global peace index 2014 webinar
out of 25
Post on 22-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPhilippa Lysaght from the Institute for Economics and Peace (economicsandpeace.org/) will talk about the recently release Global Peace Index 2014, discuss the work that IEP does, and answer questions.
- Global Peace Index 2014 Webinar Presented by Philippa Lysaght Hosted by Rotary Peace Centers 24 July 2014
- TITLE | 2 How to participate in the webinar Use the Audio pod to select Use Telephone - or - Use Mic & Speakers * To improve sound quality, please close all unnecessary programs such as email, MS Office, etc. If you have a cellular device, please move it away from your computer.
- TITLE | 3 How to participate in the webinar Use the question pod to type in where you are in the world and how the weather is there.
- TITLE | 4 Meet our panelist Philippa Lysaght, Communications Manager at the Institute for Economics and Peace.
- TITLE | 5 Philippa Lysaght Institute for Economics and Peace #PeaceIndex @GlobPeaceIndex Rotary Peace Centers Webinar 24th July 2014 WHAT WE CAN LEARN FROM MEASURING PEACE
- TITLE | 6 The Institute for Economics and Peace is an independent, not-for-profit, think tank dedicated to building a greater understanding of the key drivers and measures of peace and to identifying the economic benefits that increased peacefulness can deliver. Sydney, New York, Oxford Institute for Economics and Peace
- TITLE | 7 IMPACT, USE AND ACHIEVEMENTS THINK TANK: Rated as one of the worlds most impactful think tanks with a budget under $5 million ACADEMIC/EDUCATION: Materials featured in many Secondary and University courses, NYU specially developed course. CONSULTING: Research consultants with the United Nations, Commonwealth Secretariat, CSIS and several other NGOs. AGENDA SETTING: IEP Post-2015 Development Agenda Expert Panel ENGAGEMENT DIGITAL: More than of a million page views of our Vision of Humanity website each month, 25,000 Facebook Fans, 11,000 Twitter followers MEDIA COVERAGE: Guardian, Economist, Huffington Post, Washington Post, CNN, MSNBC, BBC and other major media. TRENDING: Upworthy, Buzzfeed, Mashable,
- TITLE | 8 What do we know about PEACE?
- TITLE | 9 NEGATIVE PEACE POSITIVE PEACE The absence of violence or the fear of violence. Formal and informal institutions that move a society away from violence and towards peace DEFINING PEACE
- TITLE | 10 GLOBAL PEACE INDEX 162 countries, 99% global population 22 indicators of peace 5 measures of ongoing domestic and international conflict 10 measures of societal safety and security 7 measures of militarisation
- TITLE | 11 2014 GLOBAL PEACE INDEX
- TITLE | 12 MOST PEACEFUL COUNTRIES
- TITLE | 13 LEAST PEACEFUL COUNTRIES
- TITLE | 14 GLOBAL POPULATION BY PEACE
- TITLE | 15 PEACE & ECONOMICS
- TITLE | 16 THE IMPACT OF FEAR AND VIOLENCE ON HOUSEHOLDS AND BUSINESSES
- TITLE | 17 PEACE AND ECONOMIC PERFORMANCE - MEXICO
- TITLE | 18 The Cost of Violence 13 types of violence related spending 162 countries. Violence Containment: any economic activity related to preventing or dealing with the consequences of violence.
- TITLE | 19 US $ 9,800,000,000,000
- TITLE | 20 VIRTUOUS CYCLE OF PEACE
- TITLE | 21 visionofhumanity.org
- TITLE | 22 REPORT AND HIGHLIGHTS
- TITLE | 23 visionofhumanity.org EXPLORE & DOWNLOAD
- TITLE | 24 email@example.com www.visionofhumanity.org @GlobPeaceIndex QUESTIONS
- TITLE | 25 Thank you! Register for upcoming webinars and access recordings of past webinars at www.rotary.org/webinars
View more >
Global Peace Index Indicators Global Peace Index Indicators Number of external and internal wars foughtNumber of external and internal wars fought Estimated