got milk cartons
out of 32
Post on 16-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Got Milk Cartons? Re Purposing the Engineering Design Process PreK-4.
- 2. Kristen Magyar Instructional Technology Coach I am here because I was asked to Teach STEM at school and start a program ON MY OWNWe have now evolved @MrsMagyar http://goo.gl/QUkhc4
- 3. An Instructional Technology Coach STEM Enrichment Co-Advisor Technology Leadership Team Symbaloo Certified Common Sense Media Digital Citizenship Certified Educator Presented at ISTE, NYSCATE, HVNYSCATE @mrsmagyar About me...
- 4. Who are you? Pre K Grade 1 Grade 2 Grade 3 Grade 4 Teacher Administrator Staff Developers
- 5. Cafeteria Breakfast Club Lunch How to clean: HOT Water, strawberry milk leaves cartons pink and the extra sugary substance was removed only by hot water. Storing Cartons: Leave a note or tell custodians, they like to throw things away. Where to get cartons?
- 6. Physical Properties Shapes, measurement comparison, sorting PreK
- 7. Counting with Ducks: How Long is the rectangle side?
- 8. The Square side is 2 small ducks
- 9. Shapes I see.. Traced and Drawn, Letters written
- 10. Construct a Garden Sorting, Graphing, Planting, Life Cycles K
- 11. Virtual Milk Cartons
- 12. Virtual Milk Cartons Favorite Kinds of Milk
- 13. Planting
- 14. http://madebymilkcontest.com/ Fall 2015 Contest Guidelines just released
- 15. Creating Habitats and Animals Habitats and Animals constructed from the cartons 1st
- 16. Animals Retrieved: July 6, 2015 from; http://www.losaltosgirlscouts. org/crafts/milkcartonanimal2.gif
- 17. Habitats Arctic Sonoran Desert East African Savanna Temperate Deciduous Forest Tropical Rainforest Freshwater Saltwater Habitat Destruction
- 18. Dear Parents, As you know we have been studying Animals and their habitats. Your students will be making an animal habitat using recycled milk cartons in school. Please talk with your child about their animal habitat from the attached list to brainstorm ideas. Assist your student in sketching their habitat and return the paper to school. As part of the planning process.
- 19. Earths Systems Compare multiple solutions designed to slow or prevent wind or water from changing the shape of the land. 2nd
- 20. Engineering Design 3rd Plan and carry out fair tests in which variables are controlled and failure points are considered to identify aspects of a model or prototype that can be improved.
- 21. A new way to carry water. ? ? ?
- 22. Ask Imagine Plan Create Improve
- 23. Force, Motion, Simple Machines Milk cartons or traditional Gallon Milk Jugs 4th
- 24. pulley lever inclined plane screw incline wheel and axle Types of Simple Machines
- 25. Retrieved July 9, 2015 from, http: //iijuan12.hubpages. com/hub/gears-and-pulleys- simple-machines-lesson-plan
- 26. Retrieved July 8, 2015 from, http://www.livemoredaily.com/milk- carton-well/
- 27. Your turn. Use the supplies on your tables to go through the design process using milk cartons. Get creative. Select a grade with your group Be sure to map your design plan out as you would if you were teaching the design process to the class for the first time.
- 28. Now What... Sharing What will you do first in September? Next Steps...
- 29. Just a little imagination and a few milk cartons and you can teach almost anything in the world. (low cost)
- 30. Kristen.Magyar@hffmcsd.org @MrsMagyar http://goo.gl/QUkhc4
- 31. Placeyourscreenshothere Feel free to consult my Teacher Website for more information and resources. See how we are bringing STEM alive in grades 4 and 5.
View more >