Hazard Communication Program Osha Training
out of 16
Post on 12-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Hazard Communication Program Training In accordance with regulatory requirements, The Carriage House of Bay City has established the following training to protect its workers form the dangers of hazardous materials in the workplace.
- 2. Hazard Communication is about Material Safety
- Hazard Communication involves the communication of hazards about chemicals to employees also know as the Right To Know.
- The CHBC has a Hazard Communication program that each affected employee should be familiarized with.
- It is the responsibility of each department, as well as your own to handle chemicals safely, understand chemical labels and understand the Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- 3. Your Right To Know 5 Elements of the Right To Know Program Written Policy Chemical Inventory Training & Safety Awareness Labeling MSDS
- 4. MSDS
- Material Safety Data Sheets give you more information than what is on the label. The information includes:
- Chemical name and common or brand name
- Emergency and first-aid procedures
- List of physical and chemical characteristics
- Safe Handling
- Health and Physical Hazards
- Date of preparation of MSDS or last change to it
- Control measures
- Routes of entry
- PEL- Permissible Exposure Limit
- 5. EXAMPLE OF AN MSDS
- A Material Safety Data Sheet comes with every purchase.The Purchasing Agent is responsible to compile and maintain the master MSDS file. This file is kept in the Purchasing Agents office. Copies of the master file are maintained at each Nurses station, in the Administrator and Director of Nursings office.
- MSDS information specific to a department will be kept in a file (notebook) in that department so that in the event of an exposure, the information is readily available; i.e. Maintenance, Dietary, Laundry.
- 9. MSDS
- MSDS information is available for review by any employee and copies will be provided to any employee who requests this information.
- New or revised MSDS information is distributed to the master file and to the copies of that file within 5 days.
- 10. Labels
- The label must have the following:
- The chemicals name, Hazards of the chemical, and the manufacture's name and address.
- Unlabeled containers should never be used, you do not know what it is so you dont know what precautions to take. Remember, you should never remove a label from a container!
- If you have any doubt about a label contact your supervisor immediately.
- 11. What is Considered a Hazard? Physical Hazard: Health Hazard: Agents that act on the hematopoietic system Damage to lung, skin, eyes Muscles Neurotoxins Water-reactive Nephrotoxins Unstable Hepatotoxins Pyrophoric Sensitizers Oxidizer Corrosive Organic Peroxide Irritants Flammable Reproducitve toxins Explosive Toxic Compressed gas Carcinogens Combustible liquid
- 12. What are the routes of entry?
- Chemicals can enter your body in 3 different ways. So be AWAR!
- 13. Protect Yourself
- Personal Protective Equipment: PPE is used to protect you from injury to the eyes, hands, feet, face, skin and head.
- The Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is where you can find out which PPE is right for the particular chemical. This is why it is important to know the location of the MSDS. If questions still arise about the PPE, ask your supervisor.
- 15. Hazard Potential
- DANGER : If this product gets in or on you, immediate harm will be caused.
- WARNING : If this product gets in or on you, in sufficient quantity, you will suffer harm.
- CAUTION : If this product gets in or on you in large quantity over an extended time you may be harmed.
- POISON : This product will make you ill if it enters your body by any route of entry.
- 16. Whats Next?
- Your supervisor is to conduct specific training with you regarding the specific duties and exposures you are around. Inquire with your supervisor about job specific Hazard Communication training.
- Now it is time to see if you understood the basic concepts.
- Lets take a short quiz!
View more >
Material Safety Data Sheet According to OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, 29 ??2014-01-18AeroShell Book on . ... According to OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, 29 CFR 1910.1200 ... According to OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, 29 CFR
According to OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, ?· According to OSHA Hazard Communication Standard,…
2013 OSHA Made Easy Hazard Communication/Globally ... ?· 2013 OSHA Made Easy Hazard Communication/Globally…
Material Safety Data Sheet According to OSHA Hazard ... Rotella Heavy Duty...According to OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, 29 CFR 1910.1200 ... According to OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, 29 CFR ... (HSE
Hazard communication plan (English) - osha. ? Web viewA sample written hazard communication plan. The…
According to OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, 29 CFR ... ?· According to OSHA Hazard Communication…
Hazard Communication Standard Pictogram - UAB ?· Hazard Communication Standard Labels OSHA has updated…
According to OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, ?· According to OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, ... (IFA) , Germany ... e.g. frequency and duration of contact, ...
SAFETY DATA SHEET According to OSHA Hazard Communication ... ?· According to OSHA Hazard Communication…
Material Safety Data Sheet According to OSHA Hazard ... ?· According to OSHA Hazard Communication Standard,…