history of miami â€œfirst people that came hereâ€ suini orihuela...
out of 11
Post on 24-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- History of Miami First people that came here Suini Orihuela P.2
- Slide 3
- First people that come here The first to arrive in Florida were Vicente Yanez Pinzon and Vespucci, who, in 1498, came to Lake Chesapeake. This area has been inhabited for thousands of years by Indian tribes. In 1566 an expedition set out from Cadiz, the Spanish forward Pedro Menendez de Aviles. In 1763, at the end of the Seven Years War, the Treaty of Paris on February 10, Spain ceded Florida to Britain.
- Slide 4
- Slide 5
- Miami in the Twentieth Century During the twenties, permissiveness with the game and the weak enforcement of prohibition. The financial speculation and made the land prices quadrupled in five years. When the situation becomes untenable a hurricane devastated the city. In 1926 he suffered one of the biggest in its history that swept the city, it is said that the Great Depression Miami came three years before the rest of the country.
- Slide 6
- Cuban Migration In 1959, after the fall of the dictatorship of Fulgencio Batista and the triumph of the Cuban Revolution, over half a million Cubans came to Miami.
- Slide 7
- Cuban Migration In 1980, a second great wave of immigrants. More than 125,000 left the island for Miami, called "Mariel" Cubans who allowed the dictatorship from the port of Mariel.
- Slide 8
- Slide 9
- Foundation of Miami In 1896 was inaugurated the train to Miami and began plans to build a city. On July 28, 1896, is the date of the founding of Miami, when a group of citizens met to appoint their rulers. After all the wars with the Seminoles new colonists settled in Miami.
- Slide 10
- The History of Miami is very long, because in 1959 went the Cuban migration, the Seminole war and other things happen. All cars was very old but very classic and very beautiful.
- Slide 11
- Slide 12
- Credits www.historyofmiami.org
View more >