How to avoid costly mistakes when buying candlewood lake homes
Post on 17-Jul-2015
Embed Size (px)
How to Avoid Costly Mistakes When Buying
Candlewood Lake Homes
To be a successful buyer in todays real estate market you are going to need help, most especially if you are a rookie. If you are looking for Candlewood Lake and Lake Lillinonah properties, avoiding common mistakes when buying a home is of topmost importance. After all, purchasing your own home is a major life achievement.
The following tips will help you avoid the most common blunders
that homebuyers make.
1. Stick to your budgetShopping for houses can make you feel excited. With all the wonderful features that are being shown to you, sometimes its easy to think that it is okay to stretch the budget just a little more. However this can lead to a serious problem in the end. Get preapproved for a mortgage. This will give you an idea of your upper limit and will show the home sellers that you are serious in making the purchase of a Candlewood Lake real estate.
2. Do your researchIt pays to investigate local properties to get an idea of price points, listing-to-sale-price ratios, and best places for bargain. Once you have an idea of what your money can afford, your real estate agent can help you better by providing information on what comparable properties sell for and what impact specific features have on the price.
3. Do not ignore inspectionsYou dont want to be passed on with several problems such as termite infestations, dodgy wirings, and sub-standard renovations. Avoid potential problems by obtaining appropriate inspections. For your peace of mind get the inspections done.
4. Include added costsBuying a property isnt as simple as replacing a rental payment with a mortgage payment. You have to consider maintenance costs, utilities, and property taxes. Get information from the homeowners about the average utility costs and property taxes so you can include them in your computation.
5. Get professional helpIt is possible to buy a Candlewood Lake home for sale without the aid of a professional real estate agent. But this can be more time consuming and stressful. Enlist the help of an agent who knows the contracts, has experience negotiating, and can walk you through the whole process smoothly.
With these tips, avoid potential problems and secure your dream property. Check out http://www.CandlewoodLakeCTRealEstate.com for a wide array of attractive homes in Candlewood Lake.
Call me, Deborah Laemmerhirt now at 203-994-4297 and let me assist you with everything you need to know about buying or selling Candlewood Lake homes. My years of experience as a preeminent real estate professional in Ridgefield, Redding, Wilton, New Fairfield, Brookfield, Bridgewater, Roxbury, Washington, Weston, Westport, Southbury, Kent, Sherman, Easton, and Bethel, CT, combined with my dedication to providing the finest service will make it easier for you to find your dream home in Connecticut.