how to avoid summer scams
out of 21
Post on 26-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONHighlights from our #CreditChat with the Better Business Bureau. Tips on how to avoid Summer scams.
- How to Avoid Summer Scams f Featuring: Better Business Bureau #CreditChat
- Join our #CreditChat every Wednesday at 3 p.m. ET. This week, were talking about scams to avoid this Summer. Check out all tweets and resources here: bit.ly/summer-scams
- FEATURING The Council of Better Business Bureaus (CBBB) is the network hub for BBBs in the US and Canada. Like BBBs, CBBB is dedicated to fostering honest and responsive relationships between businesses and consumers -- instilling consumer confidence and advancing a trustworthy marketplace for all. Follow @BBB_US
- BBB Scam Stopper has the latest info on scams. Report your scam & sign up for our Scam Alerts here: http://www.bbb.org/council/bbb-scam-stopper/ CLICK HERE
- Scammers want either your money or your identity. Be wary of unsolicited emails. Dont send money to someone you never met. - Better Business Bureau #CreditChat RETWEET THIS
- #CreditChat There are great vacation deals online. How can you verify the offer is legitimate?
- Vacation scams heat up in the Summer. If the deal seems fishy, Google the phone number or website to see if others report problems. - Better Business Bureau #CreditChat RETWEET THIS
- Use only trusted sites like Expedia, Kayak, Orbitz, etc. And always check them with the Better Business Bureau. Tweet by @AdvantageCCS VACATION RESEARCH TIP RETWEET THIS #CreditChat
- #CreditChat How do you know if the tickets youre buying online are real?
- Sometimes scammers try to trick consumers by asking them to wire money for tickets. Dont do it. Tweet by @BostonBBB TICKET SCAM TIP RETWEET THIS #CreditChat
- Buying a ticket from the official website promoting the concert is usually your best bet. Reseller sites can get tricky. - Quizzle #CreditChat RETWEET THIS
- #CreditChat What are popular online scams to know about?
- Apartment hunting on Craigslist can be precarious. Advanced payments on a place you havent seen yet. No thanks. Tweet by @AmericaSaves #CreditChat RETWEET THIS
- There are scams online that target people looking for scholarships and financial aid. Tweet by @AmOneMoney POPULAR ONLINE SCAMS RETWEET THIS #CreditChat
- Phishing is definitely something to watch out for. Make sure youre consistently aware of reported scams. Tweet by @Quizzle RETWEET THIS #CreditChat
- #CreditChat Any final tips to help us avoid getting ripped off this Summer?
- Trust your instincts. If it doesnt feel quite right or is too good to be true, its probably a scam. Tweet by @Krissylynn #CreditChat RETWEET THIS
- Be careful when downloading apps or software on your mobile device. #CreditChat
- Never give out credit card info over the phone unless you called -- and know who youre talking with. #CreditChat
- Do your research, check out return policies, go to BBB.org for BBB business reviews before handing over money. RETWEET THIS
- Join our #CreditChat every Wednesday at 3 p.m. ET. Learn About Our Next #CreditChat bit.ly/join-creditchat
View more >
Scams to Avoid - to Avoid Lesson Plan: Scams ... • Describe identity theft and scams and how to avoid them ... between a noun and a verb . Consumer laws protect