how to biblically manage finances. yam – money management back to the basics
out of 13
Post on 20-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- How to biblically manage finances. YAM Money Management Back to the Basics
- Slide 2
- How to biblically manage finances. Introduction (What you will learn) What you should have learned as a child. Why living from paycheck to paycheck is not good financial stewardship. Some scary statistics. Basic rules of thumb to live by.
- Slide 3
- How to biblically manage finances. What you should already know. (What you learned as a child) Lets say you walk into Taco Bell and only have $1. Can you buy $5 worth of food with $1? NO! Of course not. Plus you would get drop-kicked out of the building by the manager.
- Slide 4
- How to biblically manage finances. Another exampleor three (Lets try this again) You have $5. Can you buy a $10 item? You have $10. Can you buy a $100 item? You have $100. Can you buy a $500 item? NO!
- Slide 5
- How to biblically manage finances. Ultimate quiz time (Half of you will fail this!) You have $5,000 and a job. Can you buy a $20,000 vehicle? NO. You cant buy it. Buying means complete ownership. While I was nitpicking English, those of you who failed to pass this test still failed because you have the wrong mindset. Just because the number gets bigger doesnt mean the rules change.
- Slide 6
- How to biblically manage finances. Now for some Scripture (Hope you brought your Bible) We are to be stewards with our finances. Genesis 41:34-36 Matthew 25:1-13 Matthew 25:14-30 Luke 14:28-30 Luke 12:16-21 1 Corinthians 16:1-3
- Slide 7
- How to biblically manage finances. Now for some really, really hard questions When God calls us to give, if we are already in debt to man, is financial inability to complete the calling pleasing to God? Or, if we are financially capable (debt free), is ignoring the call or simply delaying a response pleasing to God?
- Slide 8
- How to biblically manage finances. Living from paycheck to paycheck (Financial irresponsibility) Why is it important to not live paycheck to paycheck? High stress, high blood pressure, tension Leads to physical ailments which leads to Doctor visits (cyclical cost!) Unable to pay surprise expenses Unable to participate financially in the work of God Unable to retire! Burden on your children and grandchildren.
- Slide 9
- How to biblically manage finances. Scary Statistics (Scarier than the YAM logo) 50% of Americans are in some form of financial debt. Every other person you and I run into. 10% of that number are in debt up to their eyeballs. (1 in 20 people or 5% overall). And that number is quickly rising. Total, complete economic failure with zero hope of recovery happens around 30%. Great Depression II is realistic.
- Slide 10
- How to biblically manage finances. How does this happen? (How can we fix it?) Uncaring attitude toward future generations. Its all about me. I deserve Losing Biblical values, perspectives, and a healthy fear of God. I answer to no one with my finances but myself. The generations after eliminating God will not know God and will therefore do bad things. It takes several generations for such a mindset to get ingrained into society. And then we wonder How did society get so messed up?
- Slide 11
- How to biblically manage finances. Rules to live by (If you learn nothing else) Dont spend more than you make - EVER. Save some money every month. Borrowing against the future is stupid dumb. Financial responsibility is Biblical.
- Slide 12
- How to biblically manage finances. How do I spend less than I make? (Plus a bonus challenge) That is the next lesson. Come back for it. Challenge: Record every penny, nickel, dime, , dollar you spend this week. Calculate the exact cost of everything you eat and drink. Look at utility and other monthly bills and do some basic math (divide by 4).
- Slide 13
- How to biblically manage finances. YAM Money Management End of Lesson
View more >
1.03 Healthcare Finances. 1.03 Understand healthcare agencies, finances, and trends Healthcare Finances Government Finances Private Finances 2
biblically-based business. Most graduates Global Business Review 14 biblically-based business. Most graduates
Was The Iraqi War Biblically Justified? ?· Was The Iraqi War Biblically Justified? Endtime Issues ...…
YAM Scrapbook Megan Wendleton Olathe, Ks email@example.com YAM Coordinator Shawny Montgomery Cheney, Ks firstname.lastname@example.org YAM Flag Coordinator