how to create compelling content for boring industries
of 18 /18
Post on 30-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONA talk I have at Marketers Unbound in Toronto about how to create compelling content for boring industries. Great examples include Charmin, GE, Yak and Intercom. Shout out to HubSpot for a few of those.
- 1. HOW TO CREATE COMPELLING CONTENT FOR BORING INDUSTRIES Hana Abaza, Director of Marketing @HanaAbaza
- 2. The dirty little secret You cant!
- 3. You might not love it, but somebody does.
- 4. Understand why you think its boring Think its not sexy? You dont need it? Suck it up and learn to love it!
- 5. How to get warm and fuzzy feelings about a boring industry 1. Research the Industry 2. Understand the customer 3. Find the intersect
- 6. Here are a few great examples from Uberflip and HubSpot
- 7. TELECOM
- 8. CRM INDUSTRY
- 9. TOILET PAPER
- 10. EVERYTHING
- 11. General Electric doesnt take themselves too seriously. And people LOVE it!
- 12. FILE STORAGE
- 13. Dropbox keeps things real by humanizing the product, making people want to click.
- 14. Thank you! Hana Abaza, Director of Marketing, www.uberflip.com @hanaabaza