how to keep employees motivated at work?
out of 7
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONKeeping your employees engaged and motivated at work.
- How Can You Keep Employees Motivated at Work? OPERATION: EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT
- According to Gallup, there are three levels of employee engagement that are key indicators of a workers satisfaction. WHERE DO YOUR EMPLOYEES FIT IN? SOURCE: Gallup, State of the Global Worker Report, 2013. ACTIVELY DISENAGED: These workers have detached from your organization and stopped producing high quality work. 1. 2. 3.ENGAGED: These workers are committed to your company and want to drive innovation. DISENGAGED: These workers lost the passion and energy they once showed towards your organization.
- DISENGAGED THE SAD TRUTH: MOST AMERICAN WORKERS ARE DISENGAGED WHO ARE THE LEAST ENGAGED IN THE WORKFORCE TODAY? Age 72% Men 66% High school or less 67% Technical, vocational, or some college 72% College graduate 70% Postgraduate Millenials 30% 52% 18% SOURCE: Gallup, State of the Global Worker Report, 2013. PERCENT WHO ARE DISENGAGED/ACTIVELY DISENGAGED ENGAGED ACTIVELY DISENGAGED 67% Women 67% 72% 73% 59%Traditionalists Baby Boomers Generation X MIDDLE-AGED...COLLEGE-EDUCATED... AMERICAN MEN...
- SOURCE: Gallup, Work and Education Survey, 2013. ENGAGED NOT ENGAGED ACTIVELY DISENGAGED CONTINUE IN CURRENT JOB TAKE A DIFFERENT JOB STOP WORKING 41% 40% 25% 33% 12% 25%63% 42% 20% PRODUCTIVITY GOES UP... AND SO DOES LOYALTY... of U.S. employees say theyre motivated to work harder when their boss shows appreciation for their work. More than half of U.S. employees report they would stay longer at their company if they felt more appreciation from their boss. 81% 53% WHEN YOUR EMPLOYEES ARE APPRECIATED AND CAPTIVATED AT WORK... ENGAGED WORKERS WOULD EVEN STAY IF THEY WON THE LOTTERY If you won $10 million dollars in the lottery, would you continue to work?
- Praise and acknowledgment have been shown to have a more positive effect on employee engagement than financial motivators such as cash bonuses. THE CURE TO OFFICE DETACHMENT: A JOB WELL DONE SOURCE: Badgeville, Employee Recognition Study, 2013. FINANCIAL MOTIVATORS NON-FINANCIAL MOTIVATORS PRAISE AND RECOGNITION FROM A MANAGER PRAISE AND RECOGNITION FROM PEERS OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROW TH Only 14%said they would prefer to be recognized with a reward or a gift over $1,000. 88% 76% 76%
- 4 Easy Ways to Improve Employee Engagement THE NEXT STEPS: Make sure employees know what is expected from them at work. Give them the best tools to be successful at their jobs. Ensure them that their opinions matter. Provide frequent recognition to them for a job well done. SOURCE: Gallup,State of the Global Worker Report, 2013. Listening to your employees and gathering feedback is a main component of increasing engagement. One way to accomplish this is with an enterprise social network that fosters real-time communication and better opportunities for recognition. 1. 2. 3. 4.
- To find out how Socialcast can help you praise and recognize your employees and foster an engaged work enviroment CHECK OUT BLOG.SOCIALCAST.COM
View more >
Today’s Journal Question Why is it important for managers to keep their employees motivated at work? If you were a manager how would you keep your employees
PowerPoint-Prأ¤sentation Standard software. Motivated team 8,400 employees, of which approx. 2,700 in