how to play hopscotch - stark library how to play hopscotch 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 a hopscotch board...
Post on 25-Jun-2020
Embed Size (px)
How to Play Hopscotch
10 A hopscotch board is made up of a series of spaces, each with a number in the center. There are lots of different styles of hopscotch boards.
You can make a board outdoors with sidewalk chalk, or indoors with masking tape. Your board might look like the one pictured here, or you might choose to use different shapes or a different arrangement. Most hopscotch boards include some single squares and some side-by-side squares. You’ll also need a beanbag or other small item, such as a plastic jar lid, small stuffed animal, or large button, to use as a game piece.
1. The first player tosses the game piece into the first space.
2. The player hops through the board, skipping the square with the game piece in it. In single squares, the player hops with one foot, and in side-by-side squares, the player lands with one foot in each square.
3. The player collects the game piece on his or her way back through the board and passes it to the next player. On subsequent turns, the player will toss the game piece onto spaces with higher numbers, working toward number 10.
If you’d like to make the game more challenging, add any of the following rules:
• A turn is lost when the player steps on a line.
• A turn is lost when the player loses his or her balance.
• A turn is lost when the game piece bounces or rolls out of the designated space.