how to prepare for an interview with a lawyer
Post on 03-Feb-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONhttp://www.dinninghunter.com When you decide on what lawyer you want to work with, you most likely want to know how to prepare for a first interview. With three locations and an experienced team of lawyers in Victoria BC, Dinning Hunter Lambert & Jackson as been providing a full range of legal services in Canada for over thirty years. DHLJ offers lawyers who are members of the bars of British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. Our areas of practice include: - Administrative Law - Construction Law - Corporate and Business Law - Criminal Law - Employment Law - Environmental Law - Estates, Wills and Trusts - Family Law - Human Rights - Insurance Law - Military Law - Municipal Law - Personal Injury - Real Estate - Residential Schools Contact us today at 250.381.2115 or via email at email@example.com. Your initial visit is free of charge."
- 1. When you decide on what lawyer you want to work with, youmost likely want to know how to prepare for a first interview.
- 2. While in the past it was the phone book, most people these days rely on the Internet to find a good lawyer. The primary consideration, it seems for most people when choosing a lawyer, is that the law office be close to their house. However, if you want help choosing a lawyer, you can connect with the Law Centre or a Lawyer Referral Service. Some people still look at the phone book, as its easier than clicking through to a website from Google Search.
- 3. Bring as many facts as you can. Also, collect and bring along as many documents you can, including receipts, letters and journal entries. Try to assemble a brief, concise, but detailed narrative. Keep to the point.
- 4. State your problem, and determine if the lawyer is a good fit. The lawyer should be able to answer any questions you may have, or clearly and quickly indicate what information she or he needs to answer such q question. Try to determine expertise, a time estimate, and a cost estimate. See if the lawyer charges for phone calls, or has any suggestions on how to add value to the hours that he or she is billing.
- 5. Make sure to follow-up with the lawyer to ensure things are progressing, and find out why they may not be.
- 6. Dinning Hunter Lambert Jackson are lawyers in Victoria
View more >
1.Background introduction 2.Search for openings 3.Prepare your package 4.Prepare for phone interview 5.Prepare for on-site interview Seminar talk Future