immersive learning presentation
Post on 14-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONNC Community College System is developing immersive learning solutions to develop the North Carolina workforce.
- 1. Modernizing BioPharma Training: The Immersive Learning System Project North Carolina Community College BioNetwork
2. Immersive Learning
- Immersive Learning is :
- I3D - use pedagogy and entertainment to create engaging and behavior-changing learning.
- Immersive Learning can :
- accurately replicate processes
- allow students access to sophisticated virtual equipment
- safely simulate dangerous situations or processes
- allow for multi-users at multiple sites simultaneously Aldrich, 2005
3. Maintenance Training
- Equipment can be examined with the click of a mouse
- Problem Solving skills enhanced by programming bugs into the simulation
- Virtual Tutor can guide students
4. 5. 6. 7. Eisais Tablet Press
- Based upon Eisais SOP for a single product.
- Designed assuming no previous tablet press experience.
- Modeled using HQ digital photos and actual audio recordings made on site at Eisai.
- Controlled using only a mouse, arrow keys, and space bar. Simple to use,yet highly effective.
- Tutorial mode demonstrates the controls for the system
- Research Mode allows participant to practice without adhering to the SOP
- Full mode operates under actual conditions and participants should follow SOP precisely
9. First screen to pop-up explains the mission. 10. Participant notebook, can access by pressing space bar anytime. Allows participant to check figures or access optimal values for equipment set-up. 11. Material hopper must be raised and rotated shown inappropriate position. 12. One of the screens showing the equipment set-up. 13. Future Development
- BioSafety Lab Level 3 Training in the virtual world
- Cleanroom Training
- Aseptic Fill and Finish
- No limits!!
14. For More Info
- Contact Matt Meyer or Phil Sheridan