Click here to load reader
Post on 10-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONTo Decrease Internal Rejections During the Production Process.
- Project Presentation By:- Mohit Gupta Roll No:- ME-10-B(TC)-40 Department:- Quality Analysis @ GABRIEL INDIA LTD. PARWANOO
- PROJECT:-Reduction of Internal Rejections During the Process Objective:- To decrease the internal rejections that is various defects like Piston Rod Burn, Low Tension, Nugget Failure, Thread Damage, Overflow, Paint on Piston Rod. To track the root cause of these internal rejections. To Suggest measures to minimize these problems.
- How This Project Link up With My Course..? This project gave me an opportunity to use various measuring components which is a key area of engineering meteorology. This project also gave me the opportunity to know about precision and accuracy which forms a key feature in quality analysis and meteorology.
- ROAD MAP ( 1st JAN 30th JAN) Learned about the various assembly process carried out in the plant. Type of defects and their probable causes. Analyzed different defects like thread damage, overflow and nugget failure. Prepared Fishbone Diagrams regarding defects.
- Fishbone Diagram for:-Defects in Paint Shop Piston Rod Burn Man Method Machine Material Measurement Upper electrode welded the metal stop from side instead of topManual Error Misalignment of upper electrode and piston rod Indexing fixture bolt loose Checking frequency not defined and no checking mechanism of bolt
- Fishbone Diagram for:-Defects in Paint Shop Dent Mark in Paint Shop Man Method Machine Material Measurement During Cleaning Sometimes Application Falls DownManual Error Improper Hanging Dent From the Previous operation Rough Loading and Unloading
- Fishbone Diagram for:-Defects in Paint Shop Rough Surface- Presence of dust Particles Man Method Machine Material Measurement Environmental Dust Manual Error Paint-Primer Combination not ok Conveyer Belt not Clean Improper Phosphate Coating Dusty Hand Gloves Used
- Fishbone Diagram for:-Defects in Paint Shop Overflow Man Method Machine Material Measurement Improper Cleaning Manual Error Paint-Primer Combination not ok Bubbling in the Paint Gun More Rotation of Conveyer Phosphate Coating not ok Paint Primer Combination not ok
- Fishbone Diagram for:-Defects in COMBI Line Thread Damage Man Method Machine Material Measurement DFT(Damping Force testing) Alignment not okManual Error Material Composition not ok Unskilled Man Power Brass Holder not ok
- ROAD MAP (1st FEB-28th FEB) Post problem analysis was done. Learned about the causes of piston rod burn on metal stop welding m/c. Implemented measures for eliminating piston rod burn using 4 bolt indexing fixture. Implemented part direction sequence to reduce rejection due to low tension.
- Post Problem Analysis Report-1 Before:-Metal Stop Welding Machine Causing Piston Rod Burn After :- Four bolt is used instead of two bolt in indexing fixture. Before After
- Post Problem Analysis Report-2 Before:-Internal Rejections due to Low Tension that is due to part reversed. After :- Part direction reversed. Before After Part direction Reverse Part direction ok
- OUTLOOK BEFORE: In ALTO PISTON ROD the internal rejection of 16 nos worth Rs 2576 were analyzed. In INDICA REAR the internal rejection of 3 nos worth Rs 468 were analyzed. AFTER: Now four bolt is used instead of two bolt in indexing fixture and piston rod burn is removed . Part direction sequence is implemented hence rejection due to low tension is decreased.
- Result Root cause of internal rejections were tracked and measures were suggested. Piston Rod burn on metal stop welding was eliminated using four bolt indexing fixture. Rejection due to Low Tension decreased by implementing part direction sequence.