introducing 3d design and printing
Click here to load reader
Post on 09-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Agenda Discover a variety of 3D design applications and tools. Learn the basics of 3D design using Tinkercad Understand how 3D printers work Print one of your designs using Repetier
- 2. Select 3D Applications/Tools: SketchUp download a free trial and check out their 3D Warehouse! AutoCAD - free for students! You can visit this site for a list of other free software available to students. Tinkercad free and easy to use online application for 3D printing/modeling. Blender - free open source 3D content creation suite. Kinect Studio - record and play back depth and color streams from a Kinect. Meshmixer - a free tool for making 3D stuff without too much hassle. Skanect capture a full color 3D model of an object. ReconstructMe - 3D real-time scanning system. 123D Catch free app that lets you create 3D scans of any object. Even more 3D software
- 3. Select 3D Printing Services etc. Shapeways - 3D Printing Service & Marketplace UPS 3D Printing - UPS Stores have expanded 3D printing services to meet the growing demands. i.materialize - turn your ideas into 3D printed reality Thingiverse - Digital Designs for Physical Objects Sculpteo 3D prints your ideas/products Amazon.coms 3D Printing Customization, Sandboxr etc. Smithsonian X 3D - print historic artifacts.
- 4. www.tinkercad.com A quick hands-on overview to show basic functions!
- 5. You can download your Tinkercad design into Minecraft, 3D print it, upload it to Thingiverse, or order a print.
- 6. Hands on with Source: http://goo.gl/8v9uH9
- 7. What is 3D printing? It also know as additive manufacturing and it is a process of making three dimensional solid objects from a digital file. Basically, an object is created by laying down successive layers of material until the entire object is created. Each of these layers can be seen as a thinly sliced horizontal cross-section of the eventual object. Source: http://goo.gl/SaL7eE
- 8. Source: http://freefab3d.com/ The Innovation Lab [Makerspace @ SPC] has a Monolith printer.
- 9. Read more at: http://goo.gl/mftoH2
- 10. Vat Photopolymerisation Material Jetting Binder Jetting Material Extrusion - Our Monolith printer uses Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) technology Powder Bed Fusion Sheet Lamination Directed Energy Deposition Seven processes are:
- 11. 3D Printing File Types .STL STereoLithography or Standard Tessellation Language .OBJ Object files define the geometry for objects. Includes textures. .X3D used for color printing. Also added shaders, geo-location etc. .VRML used for color printing. Includes 3D geometry etc.
- 12. What can you 3D print?
- 13. goo.gl/5DG8ne goo.gl/0q1xuw goo.gl/k2wv7D goo.gl/mMcdHW goo.gl/eVDHdw goo.gl/k2wv7D
- 14. What else can you 3D print?
- 15. Mask was 3D printed and LEDs were installed in the Innovation Lab
- 16. Requests to create 3D models
- 17. Prototypes
- 18. .com/
- 19. Top Secret Inventions
- 20. 3D print a 3D printer! http://reprap.org/wiki/Build_A_RepRap
- 21. Do you think 3D printing will change the world?
- 22. http://www.spcollege.edu/op
- 23. The iLab is going to be involved in NASA's Education and Public Outreach (E/PO) initiative! We will help co-develop activities based on the STEM educational framework and on maker culture etc. The E/PO is funded by NASA and is a "provider of educational materials for students, educators, scientists, and the public."
- 24. Grab a pair! And look at 3D printing in 3D!
- 25. Source: http://bukobot.com/
- 26. Source: http://bukobot.com/
- 27. spcilab. .com Connect with the iLab [email protected] /groups/spcilab spcilab. .com .com/innovation-lab-makerspace-spc
- 28. Contact me
- 29. Want to Hangout? gplus.to/chadmairn