Introduction to web design examination
Post on 13-Mar-2016
DESCRIPTIONIntroduction to web design examination at Zanzibar Technology college by Makame Hamza
ZANZIBAR TECHNOLOGY COLLEGE
Introduction to Web Design Examination
Date: January 12, 2014
Time: 3 Hours
Total Marks: 50 marks
This paper consist of three sections, A, B and C
Answer all questions in each section
You will be given one section at a time and the next section only when you claim to finish the
It is recommended to save time for later sections if you can go faster with the current
Full marks will be awarded only on the ability to display a given task on a browser window
Section A (15 marks, 60 min)
1) Create an HTML file (question1.html) and write scripts to display the following on a browser
a) Gray background color of the body (3 marks).
b) Words Zanzibar Technology college bolded, italic and underlined (3 marks).
c) Your name in Tahoma font family and its back ground change to yellow on hover (3 marks).
d) Word H2O (3 marks).
e) Image of your choice with width 500px and height 300px (3 marks).
Section B (15 marks, 60 min)
2) Create and HTML file (question2.html) and write script to display Figure 1 on a browser window.
3) Create an HTML file (question3.html) and write script to display Figure 2 on a browser window.
4) Create two HTML files (home.html, service.html), in each file write scripts to display the words
HOME and SERVICE. On the home.html the word SERVICE should link to service.html, and on
service.html the word HOME should link to home.html (5 marks)
Figure 1: Overlapped div boxes
Figure 2: Profile picture
Section C (20 marks, 60 min)
5) Create an HTML file (question5.html) and develop a page from a wireframe as illustrated by Figure 3 below.
Homepage layout specifications:
Page width 960px
Logo / graphic image width 500px
Navigation bar 940x45px
Static banner or slideshow imagery 700x300px
Content area width 700px
Sidebar width 210px
Figure 3: Home page layout