jesse oest final project
Post on 16-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. CAREER PLANNING FINAL PROJECT By Jesse Oest
2. This test evaluates what category or careers would best suite you. After taking this test, I received the two colors of the categories that would be best for me. My results were Blue and Yellow. Blue stands for Planning and yellow stands for Administrating. The careers in those categories that interested me were Film Editor, Journalist, and Web Editor. Birkman Personality Career Test 3.
- The learning style test was a test that showcased the way in which we learn the best. After receiving the results, we compared them with a partner.
- I discovered that my learning style is visual. This means that I learn more effectively when I can see or hear something. My partner, Timothy James Mascia discovered that his learning style was kinesthetic.
My Learning Style 4.
- Problem Solving
- Communications (Speaking/Writing)
- Working in Teams
Necessary Skills 5. Problem Solving
- Problem solving is important fro many reasons. If a problem occurs, you must be able to assess the problem, and fix it. Having this skill will help to reduce stress and reduce time that would otherwise be wasted.
- Communications are important in any career. If you are unable to communicate with other co workers or possible business partners, nothing will ever get done. Having the skill to communicate successfully is absolutely necessary.
7. Working in Teams
- Being able to work as a team is an essential skill if you want to be successful in the work field. This is because if you are not able to complete a task by yourself, you must be able to work efficiently with others.
- Multi-tasking is one of the most important things to be able to do when you have a career. If you do things one by one, it will take a long time to get anything done. If you multi-task, you can do many things at one time to save time and energy.
- Organization is important in all aspects in life especially in your career. If you stay organized, you will be able to find something if you need it. Staying organized will save time and reduce stress levels.
- The career that I would like to pursue is being an architect. An architect is a person who designs the places that people eat, live and work in. Architects must be able to design, sketch and build these structures. Some skills needed to be an architect are organization, team work, artistic ability and communication skills.
11. Job Outlook.
- Job outlook for architects is very good currently. This is because structures are constantly being built. Also because many people use architects to redesign the interior and exterior of their homes or workplaces.
- The average salary for architects is between $53,480 and $91,870.
13. Education Route
- In order for me to become an architect I need to graduate high school, earn a 5 year bachelors degree in architecture and then find a job that is related to architecture to get some experience.
14. Related Careers
- Engineer - develops solutions for technical problems.
- Artist-draws and sketches much like an architect
- Landscape Architect-Must design exterior layouts for buildings and homes.