jwala 2015 recital procedures ...¢ 2015-05-02¢ recital procedures handbook...
Post on 05-Aug-2020
Embed Size (px)
Recital Procedures Handbook Recital Date: May 10th, 2015 Location: Scottish Rite Theatre, 207 W 18th St., Austin, TX 78701. Check-in Time for All : 3:30pm Actual Show time: 4:30pm - 6:30 pm
AGNI THE DANCE COMPANY
This packet contains IMPORTANT information regarding the Spring Show. Please read over all of the information!
Dear Students, Parents, and Family Members,
Agni Dance Academy is proud to have its nearly 100 student academy showcase their talents in this year’s Spring Showcase, “Jwala”. It is an opportunity for students to shine in front of their family and friends, overcome their nervous excitement and be able to perform in front of their loved ones on stage! We thank you for supporting Agni this semester and for many of you, for the last several years!
SHOW DAY INSTRUCTIONS Recital Date: May 10th, 2015 Location: Scottish Rite Theatre, 207 W 18th St., Austin, TX 78701. Check-in Time for All Performers: 3:30pm Show timings : 4:30pm - 6:30 pm
The show will begin on time at 4:30pm, all participants however MUST check-in backstage by 3:30 PM as we will use this time for them to familiarize themselves with the stage. In order for the show to start on time and run smoothly please be respectful of this timing! Volunteers will be there to guide you that day to where you need to be and each instructor will be backstage to work with their respective students.
• All participants must arrive in costume with hair done, makeup, & jewelry on as conveyed by instructor. Your instructors will inform you on your last day of class about details on costume & accessories.
• Parents please take your seats once you have left your children backstage, we will have a number of volunteers to watch them and manage them. If they have any special requirements please let our volunteers know.
• Parents will NOT be allowed backstage unless there is an emergency. • Participants will be allowed to return to allocated seats at certain times during the show under the supervision of
a volunteer, we will inform you of these details at check-in time. • Parents are requested to cooperate with ushers and volunteers. • Keep all the performers items in a single bag labeled with their name so that the volunteer responsible for your
child’s group backstage can identify their bag. • Pack a small healthy snack pack for children that is easy for them to eat and will not cause a mess (especially
the younger ones or those who may have allergies) that is clearly labeled with their names and written instructions on the bag if required. Food and beverage is not allowed in the hall but volunteers will help children eat their snacks backstage.
• Please do not hand the snacks directly to the children as we would like to keep the backstage and green room areas as clean as possible and hence volunteers will be available to help them out.
AGNI THE DANCE COMPANY
• We will provide water to participants in small bottles as well as a healthy snack (carrot sticks, celery sticks, apple slices).
COSTUMES • All costumes will be handed to you by your instructors in the last day of class (in special circumstances, for
those who do no have their costumes your instructor will work with you directly regarding this) • Advanced class and Performance team costumes will be the company costumes (orange & black) that were
used in Zilker. • Alterations may be required and it is the sole responsibility of the guardian or parent to ensure this is done (only
exception is the company costume for performance team and advanced class which have all already been altered for you, if there are any more questions please contact us directly).
• Please respect the costumes and handle with care, apart from general wear and tear, if we find costumes are very poor condition once received, you will be charged the full amount for the costume.
• Once the show is complete it is the responsibility of participants and parents to ensure all costumes are placed in a sealed ziplock bag with the student name on it and returned back to Agni before leaving the premises.
• There will be a costume collection box available for you to leave the costumes in before leaving the venue, volunteers will help you on the day of the show with this.
HANDY TIPS FOR SHOW DAY • Bring baby wipes (for hands or to fix makeup mistakes) • Bring makeup kit for touchups (all participants should have full makeup upon arrival) • Extra bobby pins, hair pins, safety pins and rubber bands • Band aids just in case
TICKETS • All participants have free entry • Lap children (under 2) who will not require a seat have free entry (please note that seats are very limited and if
you have not purchased a ticket for your 2 and under children, please have them sit in your lap and not take up a seat)
AGNI THE DANCE COMPANY
• Each participating family will be allowed 2 guests in free (those 2 tickets can be used for parents, spouse, etc). If you have 1, 2 or 3 people participating from your family then you will still receive only 2 tickets free (note: recital fees were structured in this way to include 2 free tickets per family, a gift per participant, an agni shirt per participant, and costume rental per participant)
• All additional tickets can be purchased online at : http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/1400484 . Seating is limited, purchase your extra tickets soon! Print or show your phone receipt at the door.
• During participant check-in, we will note the 2 free guests names down.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS • Professional videos and photos will be taken during the event which will be available to purchase • Non-flash photography and videos can be taken during the program, please respect other parents around you
who are trying to watch or also take photos of their children or other participants.
AUDITORIUM RULES • No food or beverages are allowed in the auditorium • Outside in the lobby you will be allowed to have your own snacks • All performers will be allowed back into the auditorium only when their instructors or their responsible volunteer
allows for them to return to keep thing running smoothly, orderly and to also ensure the safety of the children
The students are working hard in their classes and we couldn’t be more excited about the upcoming show!! Please keep in mind attendance is key for an amazing show!