kay scouter, deakin university: digital badges
out of 13
Post on 06-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONAssociate Professor Kay Souter, Director, Learning Environments, Research and Evaluation, Deakin University delivered this presentation at the 2014 Future of Learning conference. This two-day national forum focuses on new approaches, technologies, environments and best practices in post-secondary education. For more information about the annual event, please visit the conference website: http://www.informa.com.au/futurelearningconference
- 1. DIGITAL BADGES IMAGINING THE FUTURE OF ASSESSMENT Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code: 00113B
- 2. Rewriting the future as interactive, connected, personalised Spatial experience Assessment Engagement pedagogy Whole campus as a learning space Reconfigurable spaces Dialogue, comfort, engagement in virtual and physical spaces Flipping; Active Learning; Naked Teaching Assessment for engagement All of assessment for learning Reconfigurable assessment Dialogue, comfort, engagement in assessment Active assessment
- 3. Why badge ? The Death of Grades or Two Rivers in the same Bed? Unbundling Rich evidence of learning: unpacking the giant badge Gamification of learning Speaking to the world testamurs portals
- 4. Its less Talking at students Talking to the institution Transmissive content sharing Testing knowledge outcomes Tallying marks to judge student success
- 5. Its more Facilitated digital learning Talking to the world Mentoring for outcomes and standards Industry-integrated learning Macro and micro accrediting of learning
- 6. when you look at this transition from brick and mortar classes to online space, we should not strip away the experiential or social aspects of learning, but we should find a way to use a way to amplify them. Amin Saberi, Stanford 2012
- 7. How might this work? Peer credit? Institutional credit?
- 8. warrant learning Peers warrant that learning evidence meets outcomes and standards using digital badges
- 9. Institutional badges: Graduate Learning outcomes 1 Discipline knowledge 2 Communication 3 Digital literacy 4 Critical thinking 5 Problem solving 6 Self-management 7 Teamwork 8 Global citizenship D2L Portfolio Mozilla Backpack
- 10. ...and how to organise? A big pool of unsorted badges? Domains? Amassing more and more: issue of motive
- 11. Gamification? Level 3 Level 2 Level 1 Within different domains?
- 12. But in the end Our graduates will have portfolios of warranted learning evidence openbadges.org Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code: 00113B http://www.learningsolutionsmag.com/articles/1094/openbadges-portable-credentials-for-learning
- 13. THANK YOU!
View more >
HANDLEDNING I rekrytering - nsf.scout.se REKRYTERING AV SCOUTER REKRYTERING AV SCOUTER Det hأ¤r avsnittet