Kay Scouter, Deakin University: Digital Badges
out of 13
Post on 06-Dec-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONAssociate Professor Kay Souter, Director, Learning Environments, Research and Evaluation, Deakin University delivered this presentation at the 2014 Future of Learning conference. This two-day national forum focuses on new approaches, technologies, environments and best practices in post-secondary education. For more information about the annual event, please visit the conference website: http://www.informa.com.au/futurelearningconference
- 1. DIGITAL BADGES IMAGINING THE FUTURE OF ASSESSMENT Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code: 00113B
- 2. Rewriting the future as interactive, connected, personalised Spatial experience Assessment Engagement pedagogy Whole campus as a learning space Reconfigurable spaces Dialogue, comfort, engagement in virtual and physical spaces Flipping; Active Learning; Naked Teaching Assessment for engagement All of assessment for learning Reconfigurable assessment Dialogue, comfort, engagement in assessment Active assessment
- 3. Why badge ? The Death of Grades or Two Rivers in the same Bed? Unbundling Rich evidence of learning: unpacking the giant badge Gamification of learning Speaking to the world testamurs portals
- 4. Its less Talking at students Talking to the institution Transmissive content sharing Testing knowledge outcomes Tallying marks to judge student success
- 5. Its more Facilitated digital learning Talking to the world Mentoring for outcomes and standards Industry-integrated learning Macro and micro accrediting of learning
- 6. when you look at this transition from brick and mortar classes to online space, we should not strip away the experiential or social aspects of learning, but we should find a way to use a way to amplify them. Amin Saberi, Stanford 2012
- 7. How might this work? Peer credit? Institutional credit?
- 8. warrant learning Peers warrant that learning evidence meets outcomes and standards using digital badges
- 9. Institutional badges: Graduate Learning outcomes 1 Discipline knowledge 2 Communication 3 Digital literacy 4 Critical thinking 5 Problem solving 6 Self-management 7 Teamwork 8 Global citizenship D2L Portfolio Mozilla Backpack
- 10. ...and how to organise? A big pool of unsorted badges? Domains? Amassing more and more: issue of motive
- 11. Gamification? Level 3 Level 2 Level 1 Within different domains?
- 12. But in the end Our graduates will have portfolios of warranted learning evidence openbadges.org Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code: 00113B http://www.learningsolutionsmag.com/articles/1094/openbadges-portable-credentials-for-learning
- 13. THANK YOU!
View more >
WOOD BADGE II - SCOUTER DEVELOPMENT CARDS Wood Badge II is broken down into modular components called Scouter Development Cards. Each Scouter Development Card is
Deakin Research Online - 30028307/beliakov-constructionofk-2009.pdf · Deakin Research Online Deakin…
Jefe de GrupoMamen Jefe de ManadaAkela (Álvaro) Scouter ManadaBagheera (Laura) Scouter Manada Balloo (Inma) Jefe de TropaNaiara Scouter de TropaAna Scouter.
Application For The Georgia Legion Scouter For The Georgia Legion Scouter Patch . THE LEGION SCOUTER PATCH The LEGION SCOUTER PATCH is an attractive Legion
The Scouter - Connecticut Yankee Council, Scouter The Scouter is the official publication of the Boy Scouts of America, Connecticut Yankee Council. The Scouter is distributed quarterly to over 12,000
Harvard Deakin Style. - Deakin University ?· HARVARD . Deakin guide to referencing . Please be aware…