launching healthy primary ivf project launch of bulk billed ivf clinic approach: an integrated,...
Post on 02-Aug-2020
Embed Size (px)
LAUNCHING HEALTHY IDEAS
House of Kitch is a multi-award winning strategic communications consultancy with a specialty in health, wellbeing and behaviour change. We work across health, food, agriculture, government, environment and all areas that need evidence based strategic thinking.
• We are passionate about using communications to creatively solve problems, drive behaviour change, achieve influencer support and shift perceptions
• We believe in driving change through inspiration – finding novel and innovative ways to bring strategic issues to life and igniting conversations
• We bring a strategic, integrated approach to communications that works across marketing, PR, digital and social channels to meet business needs and deliver meaningful engagement
• We will work with you to make healthy ideas happen
EVERYTHING WE DO HAS A HEALTHY SENSE OF PURPOSE
WHAT WE DO • Bring a strategic approach to communications to inspire change • Solve problems creatively, drive behaviour change, achieve influencer
support and shift perceptions • Bring vision to life through disruptive communication effects,
story telling, and partner engagement
WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO • People generally have a hard time with change, even when it is
good for them. Our purpose is to inspire people to embrace change so they can be their best and drive positive changes in the world
HOW WE DO THIS • Articulating a vision that people want to be part of • Making the complex simple; making the intangible tangible • Understanding human behaviour and how to inspire change • Bringing people on the change journey
INSIGHT & AUDIENCE CENTRED APPROACH
• Understand the objectives, issues and opportunities
• Acquire strategic insights from data, research and evidence
• Understand your audiences, their needs and perceptions
• Environment, stakeholder and competitor analysis
• Behaviour change goals, models, strategy and design
• Strategy is data and insight led, and evidence based. Make complex simple
• User journey along behaviour change pathway
• Support and influence people on journey
• Flexible frameworks and practical tools to drive delivery and business objectives
• Evidence based content to deliver valuable information to target audience. Multi- channel approach utilising relevant touchpoints
• Bring audiences and stakeholders on journey. Drive societal change
• Upskill and support staff to deliver and adapt approach
• Determine metrics and evaluation methodology from outset
• Build in feedback loops and data analysis for continuous improvement
• Reinforce and reward behaviour change
STRATEGIC INSIGHT EVIDENCE LED STRATEGY DELIVERY & CONTENT MONITORING & EVALUATION
Behavioural Insights works on the principle that behaviour is infl uenced by an interaction between System 1 (Automatic/ Intuition) and System 2 (Refl ective/ Rational)*. To eff ect long term behavior change you have to impact on System 1 thinking, as this is the home of automatic, entrenched, habitual behavior patterns. To do this, you need make an impact on the System 2 mind, as this is where the initial decision to make a change in behaviour is made. Supporting the new behaviour patterns with tools – digital and traditional – is important to drive long term change. Using incentives such as real and virtual rewards, and social support of the change is important for reinforcing the change.
* Kahneman, D, Thinking Fast and Slow, 2011 & Kahneman, D, Maps of Bounded Rationality, 2002. Based on Kahneman, 2002
DUAL PROCESS THEORY BEHAVIOUR CHANGE APPROACH
• Automatic, fast, entrenched, habitual behaviours
• Responsible for 95% of our decisions
• Greater infl uences on longer term behaviour
• Refl ective, slow, conscious, rational planned behaviour
• Responsible for 5% of our decisions
• Can infl uence short term behaviour; unlikely to infl uence longer term on its own
A. Use emotional stir up to make System 2 want to change. Use the heart to speak to the head; engaging
the brain in an active learning process
B. Behaviour change is enhanced
by tools that increase effi cacy & reinforced by social
C. Feedback loop as attitudes and beliefs are reformed and behaviours change
Behaviour change is shaped by understanding automatic behaviour triggers and subconscious influences. Elements of the MINDSPACE Behavioural Insights framework can help shape the communication journey.
MINDSPACE FRAMEWORK INFLUENCING SYSTEM 1 THINKING
Based on MINDSPACE Behavioural Insights Framework, UK Cabinet Office and UK Institute for Government, 2010
Priming Salience Our attention is drawn to what is novel and seems relevant to us
Our acts are often influenced by sub-
Our emotional associations can
powerfully shape our actions
Defaults We ”go with the flow” of pre-set options
Our responses to incentives are shaped by predictable mental shortcuts
Commitments We are strongly influenced by what others do
We seek to be consistent with our
public promises, and reciprocate acts
Ego We act in ways that make us feel better
We are heavily influenced by who communicates information
Samara Kitchener is a multi-award winning strategic communications specialist with a passion for delivering large scale digitally integrated campaigns.
With 15+ years senior communications and engagement experience working across government, food and health sectors, Samara has deep expertise in organisational strategy, integrated communications and stakeholder engagement.
Samara is NSW President of the Public Relations Institute of Australia.
Before consulting, Samara was Strategic Advisor Communications and Engagement with NSW Health where she drove multi-stakeholder communications on preventive health, including overweight and obesity, tobacco, HIV, STIs and hepatitis. Samara was also Director Communications with the NSW Food Authority where she led communication strategies, digital channels, crisis communications and education campaigns.
Samara has worked collaboratively with key influencers in including federal and state government departments, primary industry bodies, academic experts, the Australian Medical Association, RACGP, Cancer Council, and Heart Foundation.
Samara has also worked as an advisor to the World Health Organisation.
Samara Kitchener, Founder & Director
MBA, Australian Graduate School of Management, UNSW Bachelor of Applied Science (Hons), UNSW
• 2017 Public Relations Institute Golden Target Award: RAAF Plan Jericho – Highly Commended
• 2016 Public Relations Institute Golden Target Award: Primary IVF – Best National Campaign
• 2016 Public Relations Institute Golden Target Award: Primary IVF – Best Social & Digital Campaign
• 2015 Public Relations Institute Golden Target Award: HIV Testing Week EASY Tour
• 2014 Public Relations Institute Golden Target Award: HIV Pop Up Testing
• 2014 CommsCon: HIV Pop Up Testing
• 2012 Public Relations Institute Golden Target Award: 8700 kilojoule campaign
• 2012 ADMA Effectiveness Award: 8700 kilojoule campaign
• 2012 Australian Mobile Awards: Two award winning apps (8700, Good Glen & bad eggs)
• 2008 Public Relations Institute Golden Target Award: Mercury in fish & pregnant women
OUR WORK THIS IS HOW WE ROLL
CLIENT ROYAL AUSTRALIAN AIR FORCE
PROJECT FORCE OF THE FUTURE Approach: A multi-stakeholder story-telling approach was developed to communicate the transformation plan in inventive ways to inspire the workforce and partners.
Objective To bring Plan Jericho to life at Avalon Air Show (B2B); demonstrating how the innovation and partnership led strategy is successfully leading Air Force’s transformation to the world’s fi rst fi fth-generation air force.
Results (B2B) • Major dignitaries, including Prime Minister, Ministers and overseas military representatives involved
• 25 industry partners, including Lockheed Martin, Boeing, BAE, Airbus, engaged in partner and media activities
• Life-size Hologram bringing the vision to life in 3D video
• Social media >180,000 audience organic reach
• 110,977 video views (organic)
• 12 targeted media stories >200,000 reach
FORCE OF THE
FUTURE TOWARDS THE WORLD’S FIRST 5TH GENERATION AIR FORCE
BLUE SKY VIEWS The future of the aerospace domain from industry & Defence leaders
JERICHO TRAILBLAZERS Sparks that light the trail – the story behind the innovations
JERICHO COLLABORATIONS Where the whole is worth more than the sum of its parts
AIR FORCE BY DESIGN