Post on 11-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis Powerpoint was used with Freak the Mighty to teach what Max's disability was.
- 1. Designing Multimedia Presentations Robin Lytton EDU 5300 Learning Disabilities What is wrong with Max?
2. bilding me a fewchr
- Dear Teachr,
- Today mommy cryed. Mommy asked me Jody do you realy kno why you are goin to school. i sed i dont kno why ? She said it is caus we are going to be bilding me a fewchr i said what is a fewchr wats one look like ? Mommy said i dont kno jody no one can really see all your fewchr jest you. dont worry caus youl see you see. Tats when she cryed and sed oh jody I love you so.
- Mommy says every one need to work realy hard for us kids to make our fewchrz the nicest ones the world can ofer.
- Teacher can we start today to bild me a fewchr? Can you try espeshly hard to make it a nice pretty one jest for mommy and me ?
- I love you teachr.
3. What do you think a learning disability is? 4. Common myths about LD
- Low intelligence/ Stupid
- People with LD are just lazy.
- They cant read.
- They learn slower.
- They are retarded.
- It only affects reading.
- You are not normal.
5. Scissors Activity
- Take a pair of scissors in the opposite hand you write with.Cut out the Christmas tree. You have two minutes.Use only the hand that you do not write with.
6. What is a learning disability?
- A learning disability results from a difference in the way a person's brain is "wired." Children with learning disabilities are asSMARTorSMARTERthan their peers. But they may have difficulty reading, writing, spelling, remembering and/or organizing information.
7. More Facts About Learning Disabilities
- People have difficulties concentrating and focusing
- Can cause your mind to wander
- Nearly 4 million students have a learning disability
- Students usually have more than one learning disability, whether it be reading, writing, spelling, or math
8. If you have a LD, you may see this.
- Dyslexia is a learning disability whose first symptoms are:
- Difficulty in learning to read,
- Later erratic spelling,
- Understands speech rather than writing
Shared from http://www.etni.org.il/etninews/inter2d.htm 9. Other examples Shared from http://www.etni.org.il/etninews/inter2d.htm 10. Famous People with LD
- Magic Johnson
- Carl Luis
- Muhammad Ali
- Nolan Ryan
- Pete Rose
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Walt Disney
- Edgar Allen Poe
- Albert Einstein
- Will Smith
- Tom Cruise
- Harrison Ford
- Agatha Cristie
- Shared by http://www.greatschools.net/cgi-bin/showarticle/2258
11. Max and his Learning Disability
- How does Max view himself because of his disability?
- How do other people view him?