Lesson 2 Day 5 “The Day Eddie Met the Author”. Question of the Day What kind of books do you like to ready? I like to read __________. Write one or two.
out of 15
Post on 27-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Lesson 2 Day 5 The Day Eddie Met the Author
- Slide 2
- Question of the Day What kind of books do you like to ready? I like to read __________. Write one or two sentences that describe the types of books you like and why.
- Slide 3
- Todays Read Aloud: Breakfast Time Why might people read a story or watch a movie again? For enjoyment or to practice reading. As I read this story I want you to listen to how I read.
- Slide 4
- Todays Read Aloud: Breakfast Time Leons sister Keisha woke him by shaking his shoulder. Leon rolled over, come on, he heard her say. Its six oclock. Remember our plan? They tiptoed down the steps in their bare feet. Their parents were still asleep. Keisha, who was twelve, led the way into the kitchen. The sun had just started to stream through the window. All right, Keisha said, lets make them breakfast.
- Slide 5
- Todays Read Aloud: Breakfast Time Leon sat on the floor. He rubbed his eyes. How are we going to make breakfast? he said. mom makes it every day. What do we know about making breakfast? Just watch me and do what I say, Keisha said. She got glasses and bowls from the cabinets. Then, she found a tray. Get the bread and the butter and the orange juice, too, she said. Leon followed her instructions. Soon, they had a beautiful breakfast for their parents, with juice, toast, cereal, and a piece of fruit. Wow, Leon said, you should be a cook, Keisha said. Together, were already cooks.
- Slide 6
- Root Words; Endings ed, -ing Write these words down in your notebook now! ShapedTradingLiked HuggedSkippingMapped DinedKiddingStored The first row: Words are formed from roots with a final e. The second row: Words are formed from roots that have a short vowel and a single final consonant. The third row: Name and spell the root of each word and tell how the root changes when the ending is added. T184
- Slide 7
- Root Words; Endings ed, -ing and Spelling 1. Saved: I saved my allowance. 2. Moved: My friend moved to Alaska. 3. Riding: I like riding my bicycle. 4. Waking: Waking up in the morning can be difficult. 5. Pulled: Paco pulled the door closed. 6. Taking: Do you like taking test? 7. Hopped: Ruby hopped on one foot. 8. Baking: Nancy and Chan are baking bread. T185
- Slide 8
- Root Words; Endings ed, -ing and Spelling 9. Picked: Last summer, I picked some blueberries. 10. Having: Is everybody having a good time? 11. Letting: Mr. Kane is letting us play ball today. 12. Running: Omika is running faster than her friends. 13. Drawing: Maria is drawing a picture of her house. 14. Folded: Charles folded his napkin. 15. Shopped: I shopped for groceries yesterday. T185
- Slide 9
- Fluency Open your books to page 66! I want you to get with a partner and read pages 66- 69. You are going to be practicing fluency. As you read aloud to each other change your voice for each character to show how that character speaks, feels, and acts differently from the others. T186
- Slide 10
- Tiger, Tiger What is a character? What is a setting? Im going to read Tiger, Tiger. I want you to listen and find out who the characters are and if you can find the setting. Who are the main characters in this story? What is the setting? How does the tiger feel about books at first?
- Slide 11
- Vocabulary If you were meeting resistance to your idea of what to play, would you feel frustrated? Explain. Why might the audience have squirmed when the first grade recited a poem? If you were asked to conquer a messy closet, would you feel anticipation for a pleasant experience? Explain.
- Slide 12
- Vocabulary If a speaker murmured form a stage during an assembly, would people be able to hear that person? Why or Why not? Would a teacher usually dismiss a class right after students had recited the Pledge of Allegiance? Explain. Do you think an outfit that is made up of patchwork of designs is pleasant to look at? Why or Why not? Would you expect to have plenty of friends who are loyal or just a few? Would it be a coincidence if you and I went to a concert together and the singer autographed CDs for both of us? If people squirmed as they modeled new clothes, would they be doing a good job of showing the clothes? Why or why not? T189
- Slide 13
- DOL 1. do not go neer the water. 2. I am so excited
- Slide 14
- Grammar: Commands and Exclamations Remember: A statement tells something. It ends with a period. A question asks something. It ends with a question mark. An exclamation expresses surprise, excitement, or other strong feelings. A command tells someone to do something. It usually ends with a period. A very strong or urgent command ends with an exclamation mark.
- Slide 15
- Grammar: Commands and Exclamations Tell me if these are commands, exclamations, or question marks. I rode my bicycle home Is that a long ride I cannot believe you did that Please wait for me after school T190
View more >
Question of the Day Lesson 7, Day 1 If you got a new pet, what would you teach it to do? Many animals have the ability to learn, much like people do.
I like to read. I like to play. I like to study every day. I like to sing. I like to run. You know it is fun.
Lesson 5 Day 1 School News. Question of the Day How did you feel on the first day of school? On the first day of school, I felt ________. T372.
Lesson 1 Day 1 Question of the Day What do you do when you want to make new friends? When I want to make a new friend, I _______. T28.
Tuesday April 21 st Lesson 29, Day 2. Objective: To listen and respond appropriately to oral communication. Question of the Day: Why do you like to play.
Lesson 2 Day 4. Question of the Day Who is a person you admire? What have you learned from the person you look up to? In what ways would you like to be.
1. What is the Question of the Day? 2. What do you have to write down? Acceptable Answer: 1. Question of the Day = At the bell (1 st thing you do every.
Thursday November 13th Lesson 11, Day 4. Objective: To listen and respond appropriately to oral communication. Question of the Day: What kind of pet do.
Lesson 2 Day 3 “The Day Eddie Met the Author”. Question of the Day What have you learned that you can teach someone else? I Learned _____ because ______.
Lesson 5 Day 3. Question of the Day What is something you have learned outside of school? One thing I learned outside of school is ___________________.
Lesson 7 Day 1 T128 Question of the Day If you got a new pet, what would you teach it to do? I would like to teach a pet to _______. It is helpful.
1.What do you like to do in the school holidays? I like to read story books at home. I like to travel with my parents. 2. What do you like doing with your.
viewWhat is your opinion of Saint Valentine’s day? ... due to _____ or family life. 2 ... the day like another one.
SAT Question of the Day #1 Most students like to read these kind of books during their spare time. a)these kind of books b)these kind of book c)this kind.
Lesson 29 Day 4 The Planets By Gail Gibbons. Question of the Day What questions do you have about outer space? What would you like to know about outer.
Jamaica Louise James Day one. Question of the Day What kind of things do you like to draw? I like to draw___________ because_______________.
Lesson 11 Day 2 Land of Ice. Question of the Day: What do you think it is like deep in the ocean? Why? ________ lives in the ocean. It is _______.