makerspaces & makers
out of 37
Post on 01-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONAn overview of Makerspaces and Makers for the ARMA Milwaukee Organization.
- 1. Makerspaces & Makers Conceive, Collaborate, Create Pete Prodoehl Communications Director / Board Member Milwaukee Makerspace
- 2. What is a Makerspace? A makerspace is a physical place where people can create real-world things. A shared workshop with tools and equipment most people dont own. A community of makers, builders, inventors, tinkerers and learners.
- 3. Where are these Makerspaces? Milwaukee Makerspace - Milwaukee, WI Sector67 - Madison, WI Pumping Station: One - Chicago, IL The Hack Factory - Minneapolis, MN i3Detroit - Detroit, MI OmniCorpDetroit - Detroit, MI
- 4. Where are these Makerspaces? The Bodgery - Madison, WI Whitewater Makerspace - Whitewater, WI Appleton Makerspace - Appleton, WI MakerPlayce - Mayville, WI http://wiki.milwaukeemakerspace.org/miscellaneous/otherwisconsingroups
- 5. Are There Tools? Access Control System, Central Air Compressor, Portable Air Compressor, Welding Exhaust Fan, PCB/Chem Lab Exhaust Fan, Electric Forklift, Scissor Lift, Hand Tools, Safety Cabinet, Shop Vac, Power Tools, Hack Rack, HP LaserJet Printer: Krambo, Space Invaders Pinball Machine, Kuka KR 30 Industrial Robot Arm, Table Top, Gear Lathe (Central Machinery), Drill Press (Speedway), Vertical Mill (Gorton), Metal Lathe (South Bend Lathe Works), Bandsaw, Vertical (Do-All), #07/Drill Presses & Table (Rockwell), Cut-off/Chop Saw (Milwaukee), Hydraulic Press, Disc Sander, Bandsaw, Horizontal (Ohio Forge ProSeries) moved to casting area, Bandsaw, Horizontal (Wilton), Bench Grinder (Farm & Fleet), Bench Grinder (Delta), Metal Pan & Box Brake (Central Machinery), Cut-off/Chop Saw (Hitachi), 7x12 Bandsaw, Vertical/Horizontal with coolant tank (Wilton), Bench Top Lathe (Delta), Bridgeport Mill (to be upgraded to CNC), Hand Grinder (Skil), Hand Grinder (Chicago), Drill Bits, Taps, etc., Nuts, Bolts, Etc., Big Vise, Metal Shop Vac, Bandsaw, Horizontal (Ohio Forge ProSeries), Electric Kiln, Forge, Little Forge, Casting Furnace, Centrifugal Spin Caster, Anvil, Post Vise, Forging Hammers, Other Forging Tools, Electric Arc Welder (Lincoln), TIG/Arc Welder (Chicago Electric), Arc Welder 1 (Hobart), Arc Welder 2 (Hobart), Ultrafeed 1000 (Hobart), Various welder parts, #30 Drill Press (Craftsman), #31 Drill Press (King Feng Fu), #32 Wood Band Saw (Ridgid), #33 Compound Miter Saw (Dewalt), #34 Jointer (Ridgid), #35 Contractor Grade Compound Miter Saw, #36 Panel Saw (SSC), #37 Planer (Ridgid), #38 CNC Router, #39 Router Table (Craftsman), #40 Router Table (Vermont American), #41 Scroll Saw (Delta), #42 Table Saw (Ridgid) - moved to vault, #43 Bench Top Lathe (Wilton) - removed, #44 Table Saw (Duracraft), #45 Lathe Tools, #46 Disc Sander (Central Machinery) - removed, #47 Portable Air Compressor - removed, #48 Combination Disc/Belt Sander (Delta) - removed, Combination Disc/Belt Sander (Craftsman), Router Table (Rockler), ULS Laser Cutter (60 watt), ULS Laser Cutter (25 watt) - Offline, Exhaust Blower Fan (both laser cutters), Air Assist Vac Pump (on 60 watt only), #xx: Laser Cutter (40 watt), Makerbot Replicator, CNC Engraver, 3D Printing Computers, 3D Scanner, PowerMac G5, Components Library, Testing Equipment, Cables and Cords, Logic Analyzer, Surface Mount Components, Heat Guns, Glue Guns, Soldering Irons, Label Makers, Pliers, Screwdrivers, Heat Shrink Tubing, Zip/Cable Ties, Tape, PCB Etching Chemicals, Video Microscope, Sigma DP1 Digital Camera, Parts Washer, Embroidery Machine, Embroidery Computer w/ perph card, White Sewing Machine, Kenmore Sewing Machine, Silk Screening Rig, Printing Press, Vacuum Former, Pottery Wheel, Singer Sewing Machine, Portable Singer Sewing Machine, Old Lincoln Electric Arc Welder, 4-ton Hydraulic Press (Denison) (moved off site), Brake Shear Roll, Green Belt Sander, Scroll Saw (Ryobi), Drill Press (Burgmaster), Plasma Cutter (MAC Tools) http://wiki.milwaukeemakerspace.org/equipment
- 6. Areas of Interest http://wiki.milwaukeemakerspace.org/equipment Meeting Room Electronics Lab Wood Shop Metal Shop Welding Area Craft Area Casting Area Forging Area Laser Cutter Room Photo Studio 3D Printing Area Ceramics Area
- 7. 16,000 sq ft
- 8. Its full of MAKERS!
- 9. We are Makers! After you make something awesome, you're not done... you have to share it with the world. That's just as important. #share
- 10. Thanks! Pete Prodoehl Communications Director / Board Member Milwaukee Makerspace
View more >