mass communication theories
Embed Size (px)
MASS COMMUNICATION MASS COMMUNICATION THEORIESTHEORIES
Presented by: Rahul KumarPresented by: Rahul Kumar Roll No. : 12/pmmc/03Roll No. : 12/pmmc/03
Traditional MediaTraditional Media
New MediaNew Media
INTRODUCTIONINTRODUCTION• Rural India is a treasurer trove of folk art. Theatre,
music, dance and many kind of combination of these four. Every region have its own art form that is immensely popular and relevant in that area. Being a ancient form they are very close to the heart of the people, it effect directly and personal level..
• Some of the form skill still exists in some place but may not be in its original form and its content. They have been reinvented according to the modern environment.
• The non electronic mediums which works as part of our culture and as vehicles of transmitting tradition from one generation to another generation is called traditional media.
To Reach• To distribute the message.
• To provide the information.
• Up to date with the changes.
Different forms of traditional media:Different forms of traditional media:
• Traditional dance
TRADITIONAL DANCETRADITIONAL DANCE
• And so on.
DramaDramaTAMASHA:• Maharashtrian folk theatre dating back to 40 years.• It was the basically entertainment organized for
NAUTANKI:• An art of north India enacted in open.• This form of drama is simple with the small inter
connecting units combined by Ranga and Sutradhar-the narrator
OIL PAINTING :
Oil paint was first used for the Buddhist paintings by Indian
and Chinese painters
in western Afghanistan sometime between the fifth and ninth centuries.
Traditional sculpture is all around us in parks, libraries, court houses, buildings and in museums. There are even images of sculptures on our currency. Traditional sculpture is easily recognized by its conservative design and representational.
• QawwaliQawwali• Folk SongsFolk Songs• GhazalsGhazals• MushairaMushaira
The Impact of New The Impact of New MediaMedia
What is new media?
New media is those, Which provide you Information just in time.
To Keep you update with time. Keep Changing. Wire become Wireless.. Interactive (two way) now (multiple
The Digital Revolution
Video and DVD
Home computer & games consoles
Cable, satellite & digital TV
Mobile phones & their convergence with other media photography & video
The world wide web
What is Media convergence?
• Media convergence is the process by which different types of media content are evolving into a single media platform through the internet.
Challenge to Cultural Imperialism.The success of the Indian film & TV industries that have taken advantage of the Asian Diaspora
India’s biggest media conglomerate – Zee TV (now available on 4 continents)
The BBC iplayerThe BBC iplayer
• An internet radio television service• Went 2007, updated 2008 and again in 2010. • Deals with Facebook and Twitter.• iPlayer with the BBC Online site. • iPlayer connected to the social network.