merthyr bowls club · 2 monday to saturday location club/bar kitchen bowls m 10am-9pm lunch from...
Embed Size (px)
Merthyr Bowls Club - 60 Oxlade Drive, New Farm
Ph: 07 3358 1291 - Email: [email protected]
Merthyr Bowls Club
Information Pack Open 7 days from 10am
Club/Bar Kitchen Bowls
Lunch from 12pm
Dinner from 5:30
T 10am-9pm n/a *
W 10am-9pm 1-5pm
T 10am-9pm 11am-5pm
F 10am-late 11am-5pm
S 10am-late 1-5pm
S 10am-9pm From 12pm 11am-5pm
We are open from 10am every day excluding Good Friday & Christmas Day (Closed) and
ANZAC Day (hours subject to change). Other Public Holidays follow Sunday Trading Hours.
Perched on the banks of the Brisbane River at 60 Oxlade Drive, New Farm and just a 3 min
walk from picturesque New Farm Park, Merthyr is the perfect setting for any type of function.
You can access us by all modes of transport:
Bus: Bus 196 from Fortitude Valley stops at the Front gate of the club.
City Cat: Stop at the New Farm Park terminal and walk 300m Oxlade Drive.
Train: Stop at Fortitude Valley station then transfer to Bus 196 on Brunswick St
(southern end of the Brunswick St Mall).
Car: We have very limited parking on site however there is ample street
parking in Oxlade Dr and surrounding streets.
* Mon/Tues Bowls available through December
NB Actual hours subject to change at manager’s discretion
DAYS SESSION 1 SESSION 2 SESSION 3
MON Dec only Dec only Dec only
TUES Dec only Dec only Dec only
WED n/a 1-3pm 3-5pm
THURS 11am-1pm 1-3pm 3-5pm
FRI 11am-1pm 1-3pm 3-5pm
SAT n/a 1-3pm 3-5pm
SUN 11am-1pm 1-3pm 3-5pm
Barefoot bowls is a great inclusion to your social get together or corporate team building day. There is no brilliant sporting prowess or superior motor skills needed and it caters for all levels of ability. All you need is a desire to have a go and have some fun.
An instructor will be with you at the
beginning of your session to help you
form teams and explain the rules, how to
The larger black ball is a bowl. The small white ball is the jack. The aim of the game is to get your bowl as close to the jack as possible. The team which has the bowl the closest wins the end and gets 1 point/closest bowl. Bowls are weighted so that they don't roll in a straight line, but in a curve. Each bowl has a small and large icon on each side. Always keep the small icon on the inside of your delivery. You will play on a green (of very short grass) which is divided into 7 rinks (lanes). You bowl
from alternate ends, usually standing on a mat.
Bookings essential! Phone 3358 1291 or email [email protected] to book
Numbers Minimum: 6 people
Maximum: 10 people per lane at a time
7 lanes available per session.
Other Information Footwear: Bare feet or Socks only
Children: Children must be 12yrs or older
to bowl or be on the green (no exceptions)
Night Bowls: Merthyr does not offer
evening bowls sessions. Our Norman
Park Club offers seasonal night sessions.
Public Holidays: Barefoot bowls available
as per Sunday schedule
December: Sessions 1, 2 & 3 available
on Mondays and Tuesdays
Session times strictly as per above times.
Under 10 people: $5* per person
Groups 10 people or more: $50* per lane
* Cost includes equipment and instruction
We have a variety of areas available for small, medium or large groups. Perched on the
banks of the Brisbane River, all areas offer fabulous river views. We can accommodate
groups with a maximum of 120 people (stand up cocktail style function). Unfortunately,
we unable to accommodate bookings requiring the whole venue. Please contact our
function coordinators to discuss your function requirements.
Eat STRICTLY NO BYO FOOD OR DRINKS
We have a variety of catering options available for your function. Our Platter
and BBQ Menus can be found within this function pack or on our website -
www.merthyrbowlsclub.com.au Our bistro offers an ala carte menu for
dining 7 days per week. Groups over 20 people are encouraged to order
from the BBQ menu rather than ala carte. Please note, pre-ordered BBQ
and Platter orders take priority over ala carte orders.
Dietary Requirements We are able to cater for vegetarian and gluten free guests however cannot
guarantee other dietary requirements. Our ala carte menu indicates the
meals suitable for vegetarian and gluten free guests.
While all care is taken in preparing meals, all food is prepared in a kitchen
where nuts, gluten and other food allergens are present. The decision to
consume a meal is the responsibility of the diner.
We do not offer Halal options. We have extremely limited options for Vegans.
Our BBQ menus are served “as is” and will not be altered. The BBQ chef
can answer questions on the day regarding BBQ ingredients and suitability
for gluten free or vegetarian guests.
Drink We do not have any drink packages however you are welcome to run a
bar tab for your function. Our bar staff are happy to work to any
conditions/restrictions you would like to set ie for a set amount or set drinks
or to a ticket system you create. Guests are also able to purchase their
own individual drinks from the bar.
The Back Marquee has a refrigerator within the area which can be stocked
with drinks pre-purchased from Merthyr Bowls Club (conditions apply). 48
hours notice required for stocking the fridge.
The Front Deck is located off our clubhouse and
overlooks the picturesque Brisbane River.
Shutters & pull down transparent blinds offer
protection from sun, wind & rain for this large
Capacity Minimum: 50 people
Maximum: 60-65 people (seated)
80-85 people (standing)
Days Available for hire from Monday to Saturday.
Not available for hire on Sundays.
Hire Times 11am-5pm (Day) or 6pm-close (Evening)
Day bookings must vacate at 5pm to enable set
up of the evening function.
Costs $200 Hire Fee (due within 2 weeks of booking).
$300 minimum spend deposit (due 1 week prior to
function) deducted from function catering spend.
Linen (if required) $100, 1 week notice required.
Music BYO music which connects to our speakers via
the headphone jack. Due to noise restriction
agreements with our neighbours and licensing
restrictions, we are unable to allow live music,
jukeboxes, DJs or karaoke.
Cakes & Decorations BYO Cake with plates/serviettes/candles
welcome. No ‘cakeage’ charge. You are welcome
to decorate the area with balloons, flowers,
streamers, candles etc. Glitter and scatter
decorations are not permitted.
The Front Deck
Platter Menu Conditions …
Hot Platters (marked *) available 7 days but not available before 3pm on Sundays Deposit required - $100 (under 40 people) / $200 (40 people or more) Platters pre-order only. Order required at least 3 days prior to function.
Our platters are the ideal start to your function or perfect for casual bowls days
when a sit-down meal isn’t required. Each platter serves approx 10-12 people.
Hot Platter* $ 100 Spring Rolls, Samosas and Prawn Twisters (Spring Rolls and Samosas
suitable for vegetarians)
Party Pies & Sausage Rolls* $ 100 Mixed Platter of Party Pies and Sausage Rolls with Sauces
Chicken Skewers* $ 100 Platter of thirty individual Satay Chicken Skewers
Vegetarian Platter* $ 100 Spiced Chickpea & Pumpkin Buttons, Spring Rolls, Samosas and
Cheesy Potato Bites
Gluten-Free Hot Platter* $ 100 Porcini and Truffle Arancini, Spicy Black Bean Medallions and Falafels
Antipasto Platter $ 120 Prosciutto, Sopressa, Smoked Salmon, Feta, Olives, Semi-Dried Tomato
served with Toasted Bread
Cold Seafood Platter POA Selection of Fresh Seafood – Price subject to availability
Trio of Dips $ 50 A trio of Dips served with Warm Turkish Bread
Cheese & Fruit Platter $ 90 Brie and Blue Cheese served with Seasonal Fruit and Water Crackers
Dessert Platter $ 120 Chef’s Selection of Mini Cakes
STRICTLY NO BYO FOOD OR DRINKS Platter Menu
Our BBQ menus offer a great value sit down meal option for all budgets and tastes.
BBQs are served buffet style and cooked by our chef for your group.
Budget BBQ - $20 pp 150g Rib Fillet served with a rich brown gravy and Full Salad Bar*
Standard BBQ - $25 pp 150g Rib Fillet served with a rich brown gravy, Creamy Satay Chicken Skewer
& Rayner’s gourmet butchers BBQ Pork Sausage and Full Salad Bar*
Vegetarian BBQ - $20 pp Vegetarian Savoury Flan served with a Full Salad Bar*
Full Salad Bar served with above BBQs contains:
Freshly made Potato Salad, Pasta Salad & Green Salad
with Toasted Turkish Bread & Butter
Deluxe BBQ (Minimum 20 people) - $50 pp 120g Petite Eye Fillet, Creamy Satay Chicken Skewer, Grilled Atlantic Salmon
and Red Wine & Garlic Marinated Lamb Cutlet.
Served with Deluxe salad bar of:
Mixed Salad with Kalamata Olives & Persian Feta Cheese, Creamy Chat Potato
Salad with speckled bacon, Basil Pesto Pasta Salad and Turkish Bread with Butter.
Finish with choice of:
Dessert Platter OR Cheese & Fruit Platter.
BBQ Menu Conditions …
• One BBQ option per group (excludes Vegetarian BBQ) • BBQs not available Mon or Tues (except for groups over 25 or during Dec) • Deposit required - $100 (under 40 people) / $200 (40 people or more) • Deluxe BBQ requires payment in full 1 week prior to booking • BBQs pre-order only. Order required at least 3 days prior to function. • Smaller groups may have their BBQ served plated from the kitchen.
BBQ Menu STRICTLY NO BYO FOOD OR DRINKS
Drinks List STRICTLY NO BYO FOOD OR DRINKS
Beer – On Tap Pots Schooners Jugs
XXXX Gold - Toohey’s New
XXXX Summer - Hahn SuperDry
150 Lashes - Rogers Amber Ale - James Squire Swindler
Beer – Stubbies
XXXX - XXXX Gold - XXXX Summer - Hahn Lite - Toohey’s New - Toohey’s Extra Dry - Hahn SuperDry
Hahn SuperDry 3.5 - Heineken 3 - Carlton Mid – VB
Corona – Becks – Heineken – Guinness - Stella Artois
BASIC SPIRITS WITH SPLIT
Bundy Rum - Jim Beam Bourbon - Johnny Red Scotch- Smirnoff Vodka - Gordon’s Gin - Bacardi Rum
VODKA UDL / SMIRNOFF RED & TWISTS
Johnny Red & Cola - Bundy & Cola - Jim Beam & Cola - Southern Comfort & Cola
Cider Stubby Pots Schooners Jugs
SOFT DRINK CANS
(Coke, Coke Zero, Lemonade, Lemon Squash, Raspberry, Soda Water, Tonic Water, Ginger Ale)
LEMONADE/LIME/BITTERS, BUNDABERG GINGER BEER & JUICES
(Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Apple Juice, Tomato Juice)
House Wines Glass Bottle
WHITE Sauvignon Blanc
SPARKLING Piccolo 200ml bottles
Wine List STRICTLY NO BYO FOOD OR DRINKS
Sparkling Wine Glass Bottle
Omni NV Piccolo (200ml) x
Yellow Piccolo (200ml) x
Hardy’s Brut x
Omni NV x
Sir James NV x
Mr Mick Gela x
Tyrrell’s Chardonnay Pinot NV x
White Wine Glass Bottle
Hardy’s Sauvignon Blanc x x
Monkey Bay Sauvignon Blanc x x
d’Arenberg Olive Grove Chardonnay x x
Sirenya Pinot Grigio x x
Amberley Kiss & Tell Moscato x x
Little Angel Sauvignon Blanc x
Springseed Organic Sauvignon Blanc Semillon x
Tim Adams Riesling x
Red Wine Glass Bottle
Hardy’s Cabernet Merlot x x
Hardy’s Shiraz Cabernet x x
d’Arenberg Stump Jump Red x x
Mr Mick Tempranillo x
Madfish Pinot Noir x
Mother’s Ruin Cabernet Sauvignon x
Flametree Cabernet Merlot x
Tyrrell’s Shiraz x
Please see Drinks List for full list of all available beverages
Terms & Conditions
1. Deposits & Payments A function booking will be confirmed on receipt of a completed and signed booking form along with payment of a deposit. Deposits required as below:
a) Barefoot Bowls Bookings:
January to October: Payment for bowls lanes due on the day
November & December: Payment of bowls lanes required by 1st August or, if booking after this date, payment to be made within one (1) week of booking
b) Function bookings with a food component: $100 deposit (groups under 40 people) or $200 deposit (for groups over 40 people) required one (1) week prior to booking.
c) Front Deck Bookings: i. $200 Deck Hire Fee due within two (2) weeks of making booking. If the Deck Hire Fee is not
paid within two (2) weeks, the booking will be relinquished and other bookings may be taken. ii. $300 minimum catering spend deposit due one (1) week prior to function.
Payment can be made in person at the club, by credit card either over the phone or by completing the credit
card authorisation form or by direct deposit. If paying by direct deposit please leave booking name and date
2. Payment of Account
Full payment for the bowls and food component of the function is required on arrival and if a bar tab is being utilised then a credit card must be held at the bar and settled immediately following the conclusion of the function. Final payment for the function shall be made by the client by credit card, EFT, cash or bank cheque (AMEX accepted, NO Diners). Deluxe BBQs require payment in full five (5) days prior to function.
3. Confirmation of Guest Numbers/Final Numbers and Catering Final confirmation of guest numbers and catering requirements is required five (5) days prior to your function. Once your final numbers have been confirmed, approval to alter these numbers will be required for catering purposes. Please note: We will cater and invoice you for the confirmed numbers.
4. BYO Food & Beverages Strictly no food or beverages may be brought into the Club by function organisers or their guests. Celebration cakes are acceptable. You are required to bring your own plates, cutlery and candles for serving. No cakeage charged.
5. Children Under no circumstances are children under the age of 12 permitted to bowl or be on the greens. Children must have direct supervision from a parent/guardian at all times and are not permitted in the bar or poker machine areas. If this condition is not adhered to, management reserves the right to ask guests with children to leave the venue.
6. Cancellations Notice of cancellation for a confirmed booking with a food component, must be given by the client and received by management in writing five (5) days prior to the date of the event. If a cancellation is made prior to this period then the deposit shall be refunded in full. If the cancellation or “no show” is made within the five (5) days from the date of the event, then management will retain the deposit. If a barefoot bowls session is included in the function package and due to inclement weather, no bowling is possible, only the bowling component will be refunded. (Please see Rain section 7 for more details) * Christmas period - November/December: Any cancellations for bookings made for the months of November and December will not receive a refund after 1st October. * Front Deck – If your function is cancelled, the following conditions apply:
- Notice of more than 30 days: 80% of hire fee will be refunded - Notice of 30 days or less: no refund will be given
7. Rain As Lawn bowls is an outside event and we cannot control the weather, some activities may be hindered by inclement weather. If sprinkling or lightly raining, in most cases the event will still proceed. If raining heavily at the time of your event, Merthyr Bowls agrees to postpone your event to an alternative time or date, redeemable for up to 6 months from the original date. No refund of deposit will be given for inclement weather where the event has a food component.
8. Pricing While every effort is taken to maintain menus and prices, management reserves the right to vary menus and pricing in response to product availability and cost increases.
Terms & Conditions 9. Function Timing It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that they attend the function on the specified time. Management will not be held responsible should all guests not be punctual in arriving or being seated, or should speakers, attendees or the client delay the commencement of any event, or if any other interference beyond the control of the venue does not permit us to commence service at the contracted time. If the function begins after the specified starting time, it will still be subject to the finishing time specified in the event booking agreement specifications unless venue management agrees otherwise. Management has the right to close any function if the function is deemed to have broken any of the above-mentioned terms and conditions.
10. Closing Times Guests need to vacate the premises no later than 12am. All music must have ceased at 11:30pm and the bar closes at 11.45pm. Guests are to respect and be aware of our neighbours when exiting the premises. Actual bar closing times may vary at discretion of manager.
11. Behaviour Merthyr Bowls Club practices the Responsible Service of Alcohol and requires all guests to respect and adhere to the laws in relation to intoxication and responsible behaviour. Minors (under the age of 18) are welcome at the venue but must be supervised at all times. Anyone who breaks the law and supplies minors with alcohol will be asked to leave the venue immediately. The duty manager is fully responsible for the conduct and control of Members and Visitors within the Club and shall undertake any lawful action at any time to ensure that harmony and decorum of the club is sustained at a high standard for all Members and their guests.
12. Insurance The club will take all necessary care but cannot accept responsibility for damage or loss of any gifts or other possessions left on the club premises before, during or after functions. Responsibility for arranging any insurance lies with the client if desired.
13. Loss or Damages The client shall be responsible for any loss or damage to the premises, its fittings and/or equipment or injury to any staff member caused by any guest of or contractor engaged by the client, or his servants or agents prior to, during or after the function. The client shall also be responsible for loss of or damage to their property and or the property of any guest or contractor engaged by the client or his servant or agent, left on the premises prior to, during or after the function; and shall indemnify the Venue Manager in respect of any such loss or damage.
14. Deliveries & Pick Ups Management will take particular care with any goods delivered, on behalf of the client, to the premises prior to the event. However, delivery of goods cannot be more than two days out from the function, and all goods must be removed on the completion of the function. Should the goods not be taken on the completion of the function, the venue manager reserves the right to forward these goods to you by courier, if they are not collected by the following morning – cash on delivery.
15. Additional Permits The client shall be liable at his/her own expense to obtain all permits and consents as required for the conduct of the function or any part thereof, over and above those already held by the Venue Manager; and shall indemnify the Venue Manager in respect of all losses incurred as a consequence of any failure by the client to obtain any such permit or consent. Management shall be at liberty to prevent any activity for which any required permit or consent is not obtained by the client, without being liable to the client for any loss occasioned by such prevention.
Booking Form STRICTLY NO BYO FOOD OR DRINKS
Catering selection (please circle):
BBQ No of Guests: BBQ Time:
BUDGET STANDARD DELUXE*
($20pp) ($25pp) ($47pp) ____________ ____________
* Deluxe BBQ: Please circle choice of Dessert Platter OR Cheese & Fruit Platter
Hot #1 ($100) x_____ Time: _____ Hot #2 ($100) x_____ Time: _____
Antipasto ($120) x_____ Time: _____ Trio Dips ($50) x_____ Time: _____
Cheese/Fruit ($90) x_____ Time: _____ Dessert ($120) x_____ Time: _____
Gluten Free ($100) x_____ Time: _____ Vegetarian ($100) x_____ Time: _____
Chkn Skewers ($100) x_____ Time: _____ Seafood (POA) x_____ Time: _____
Notes (Dietary requirements, special requests):
Arrival of organisers - __________________
Arrival of guests - _____________________
Bowls session - _______________________
BBQ Time - __________________________
Platters time - ________________________
Dessert time - ________________________
Departure - __________________________
Linen - ______________________________
Bar Tab $ Amount - ____________________
Bar Tab Selection - ____________________
Date of Event: ___________________________
Type of Event: ___________________________
Contact person at function: _________________
Numbers: (*Children must be over 12yrs to bowl)
Adults: ______________ Children*: __________
Area Preferred: __________________________
Signed: _________________ Date: __________
Please complete form and return to [email protected]
I ____________________________ (print name) have read and agree to the terms and
conditions and agree to the above mentioned for my function/event on
_____________________________ (function date) at Merthyr Bowls Club. I understand that I
am not permitted to bring any food or drinks into the club.
Signature: _____________________________________ Date: ________________________
Please complete form and return to [email protected]
Payments for Front Deck Hire Fee ($200), Bowls lanes, Bar Tabs payable to:
Account #: 0090-1269
Account Name: Merthyr Bowls Club Inc
Reference: Booking Name and Date eg “JonesDECK3Dec”, “BrownBOWLS28Nov”
Payments for Function Deposits, Deck Hire Deposit ($300), Food/Catering Invoices payable to:
Account #: 1024-6188
Account Name: Merthyr Bowls Club Inc Catering
Reference: Booking Name and Date eg “Smith4May”
Please charge my credit card
MASTERCARD VISA AMEX $_______________
Credit Card number: __ ___ ___ ___-___ ___ ___ ___-___ ___ ___ ___-___ ___ ___ ___
Expiry Date: ___ ___/___ ___ Name on Card ___________________________________
Signature: __________________________________________ Date: ____ / ____ / ____
Merthyr Bowls Club strives to keep all information contained in this Information Booklet up to date. The
information is provided "as is" with no express or implied warranty. Any mistakes in this Information Booklet
that are brought to the attention of management will be corrected as soon as possible. Merthyr Bowls reserves
the right to change prices, menus, drink selection and opening and closing hours. Merthyr Bowls will
endeavour to provide reasonable notice of any changes except when it involves circumstances beyond its
control. Merthyr Bowls accepts no liability for any loss or damage a person suffers because that person has
directly or indirectly relied on information contained in this Information Booklet.
Merthyr Bowls Club 60 Oxlade Drive, New Farm
p: 07 3358 1291
e: [email protected] w: www.merthyrbowlsclub.com.au
f: www.facebook.com/MerthyrBowlsClub i: www.instagram.com/merthyrbowls