mobile first ux
out of 57
Post on 29-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Mobile First Presenter: Baidurjya Sinha (Tatan) Innovation and UX Strategist Designing Apps with the Mobile UX focus
- 2. Insights Why we need mobile focus Mobile is not Desktop Why people use mobile How people use mobile Mobile Ergonomics Touch Interac>ons Mobile Design Strategy Design PaAerns Designing a scalable app
- 3. Why Mobile..?
- 4. Mobile facts 6B connec>ons today 10B connec>ons in 2016
- 5. Paypal Mobile payments 2009 - $141 million 2010 - $750 million 2011 - $4 billion 2012 - $14 billion 2013- $20+ billion
- 6. ebay Mobile purchase 2009 - $600 million 2010 - $2 billion 2011 - $5 billion
- 7. Mobile is not Desktop
- 8. Desktop
- 9. Components
- 10. Work sta>on
- 11. Laptop
- 12. Components
- 13. Laptop in oce
- 14. Laptop at home
- 15. Mobile
- 16. Components
- 17. Mobile at oce
- 18. Mobile at home
- 19. Mobile in car
- 20. Where people use mobile?
- 21. Every where
- 22. Facts 84% at Home 80% during misc. >mes 74% wai>ng in lines 64% during work
- 23. Why people use Mobile..?
- 24. People use mobile to. Do Micro-Task
- 25. ..and to Do urgent repe>>ve task when bored
- 26. Common Tasks using Mobile Calling Look up or Search Explore and Play Check Status and updates Create ,Edit, submit
- 27. Data usage PC v/s Mobile >me Data Volume Data Volume >me
- 28. How people use mobile..?
- 29. Ergonomics
- 30. Touch Accessibility
- 31. Tablets and Phablets
- 32. Core Gestures Tap Drag Double Tap Flick Pinch Close Pinch Open Press Press & Tap Rotate Press & Drag 2 nger Press & Drag 2 nger Rotate 2 nger Rotate
- 33. Target Size
- 34. Ok , so what is the take..?
- 35. Oh! We agree Mobile is denitely dierent from desktop Mobile Design is dierent from desktop The form factors are dierent
- 36. So do we have some UI paAerns..?
- 37. Common Mobile UI PaAerns Hub and Spoke Nested Doll Bento Box Tabbed Filtered
- 38. Hub and Spoke
- 39. Nested Doll
- 40. Bento Box
- 41. Tabbed
- 42. Filtered
- 43. Challenge :Dierent Screen Size and resolu>ons?
- 44. Screen Size
- 45. What should be my Design strategy ?
- 46. Design Philosophy Responsive Adap>ve
- 47. Design Strategy Mobile rst Mobile First and then scale up
- 48. Ok Mobile First. What more we need to consider ?
- 49. Content rst Naviga>on second Minimum Nav and Max Content Focus on what is most i
View more >