mobile search apps & opportunities - michael martin - smx east
Post on 28-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONMobile Search Apps & Opportunities from SMX East in New York City by Martin Michael of Internet Marketing Inc.
- 1. Presented by Michael Martin ofThe Growing Android Market
2. Copyright 2009 Internet Marketing Inc. All Rights Reserved. Android is a software stack for mobile devices that includes an operating system, middleware and key applications Android is Open & Freely distributed NO licensing fees Can be programmed in Java AND C/C++ components Can be coded on Windows, Mac, & Linux Operating Systems Can run multiple applications & have onscreen widgets Can run FLASH videos on updated versions Had MMS & Digital Compass about a year before the iPhone Forthcoming Text to Speech recognition with translations 40+ different Android phones in the next 6 months globally The GrowingAndroid Market What is Android & How is it Different? 3. Copyright 2009 Internet Marketing Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- New Android apps are accelerating by more than 50% Month Over Month vs iPhones 30%
- Approximately 15,000 Apps in The Android Market plus other free markets 64% FREE
- By 2010 an Android phone will be on every US carrier and most globally
- Over 20 Android phone manufacturers including HTC, LG, Motorola, LG, Samsung, & Sony
- The Android Market goes better withDonut
The GrowingAndroid Market Why Should You Think About Android? 4. Copyright 2009 Internet Marketing Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Growing Android Market Android Donut Release 1.6 October 2009 5. Copyright 2009 Internet Marketing Inc. All Rights Reserved. One Time $25 Registration Fee to submit unlimited apps No Submission Process(reviewed only by user complaints approximately 1%) 24 Hour Buy & Try Return Policy Donut puts The Android Market interface on par w the App Store Paid Apps put on the forefront & sectionalized Soon to add PayPal, Credit Card & direct carrier billing w Checkout Listed in order of User Ratings Users regulate apps NOT Apple AT&T Google Google Voice Theres an app for that on other phonesJeff Sharkey Google Android Engineer The Growing Android Market Benefits of The Android Market 6. Copyright 2009 Internet Marketing Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Growing Android Market Android Applications 7. Copyright 2009 Internet Marketing Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- 3 Tier Google Marketing Options for Android to Manufacturers & Carriers
- Obligation Free Option
- Free version of Android to be included with any applications except those from Google.
- Distribution Option
- Manufacturer signs a distribution agreement to include Google applications such YouTube, GMail, GTalk, etc.
- Google Experience Option
- Allowed to use the Google logo but the carrier can NOT censor any application in The Android Market
- Google has only until recently enforced this on independent developers who provide Android MODS or modifications publicly which include Google applications.
The Growing Android Market Google Marketing Tie-In to Android 8. Copyright 2009 Internet Marketing Inc. All Rights Reserved. FREE Cyanogen Michael Martin SEO Director of Project Management at Twitter: GoogleAndBlog Android Blog: http://www.GoogleAndBlog/