mobile ux testing
Click here to load reader
Post on 16-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Mobile User Experience Testing by Martin Poschenrieder CEO and Founder testmunk July 13th, 2015 Twitter: @mposchenrieder Presentation For Students At Portnov QA School
- 2. Twitter: @mposchenrieder Which apps have a good user experience?
- 3. Twitter: @mposchenrieder Which apps have a bad user experience?
- 4. Twitter: @mposchenrieder I invented the term because I thought human interface and usability were too narrow. I wanted to cover all aspects of the persons experience with the system User Experience (UX) Don Norman
- 5. Twitter: @mposchenrieder Old and new design process Does it look ! good? Okay, done Does it look ! good and ! intuitive Old: New: Prototyping Testing -> Iterating Okay, done
- 6. Twitter: @mposchenrieder Is this button clear for you?
- 7. Twitter: @mposchenrieder If its slightly confusing for you, it will be 10x more confusing for the user! My Lesson Learned:
- 8. Twitter: @mposchenrieder Reference: Steven Hoober (Thumbzone)
- 9. Twitter: @mposchenrieder Reference: Steven Hoober (Thumbzone)
- 10. Twitter: @mposchenrieder Link: https://testmunk.com/testrun/55456eade4b0f6ae2f065888/testcase/55456eae30048f2b66f4aa98 Different UX challenges depending on device size Testmunk dashboard:
- 11. Twitter: @mposchenrieder https://testmunk.com/testrun/554509fce4b0d4c384a5b7c5/testcase/55450999300448e7c7cace7e Testmunk identifying UX issues:
- 12. Twitter: @mposchenrieder 9) Key Questions for Mobile User Experience Testing 2) How many taps does it take to reach the desired outcome? 1) Whats the target persona? 3) Is it clear for the user what you actually do? (Intro screens/Description on appstore) 4) Where did you place the most important buttons? 5) Whats the experience in landscape vs. portrait? 6) Are we sticking to the recommended android/iOS UX guidelines? 7) Are we consistent across all views? Or even across platforms? 8) Is it simple enough? And are buttons large enough? 9) Whats most important for our app? Whats the #1 feature?
- 13. Twitter: @mposchenrieder Contact Martin Poschenrieder Twitter: mposchenrieder