mood, tone, symbolism short stories knowledge short stories: true or false more short stories...
out of 28
Post on 27-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Mood, Tone, Symbolism Short Stories Knowledge Short Stories: True or False More Short Stories Knowledge 200 400 600 800 1000 DOUBLE JEOPARDY: Short Story Unit TO FINAL JEOPARDY TO FINAL JEOPARDY
- Slide 2
- The feeling or atmosphere a writer creates for the reader.
- Slide 3
- A person, place, or object that stands for something beyond itself.
- Slide 4
- List three types of point of view
- Slide 5
- A symbol that takes its meaning from the context of a literary work.
- Slide 6
- Regional dialect, customs, clothing, manners, attitudes, scenery, and landscape are all part of what?
- Slide 7
- Which point of view refers to when the narrator calls characters he or she in a story.
- Slide 8
- The attitude a writer takes toward a subject.
- Slide 9
- What is the attitude a writer takes towards the subject called?
- Slide 10
- What kind of symbol is identifiable around the world.
- Slide 11
- A fully developed, major character who does not change throughout the plot is a ?
- Slide 12
- Who are the monsters in The Monsters are Due on Maple Street?
- Slide 13
- Where does the story Three Skeleton Key take place?
- Slide 14
- Where are the horse-spider people from?
- Slide 15
- Which story has a First Person Point of view?
- Slide 16
- Which character in Bargain is illiterate?
- Slide 17
- True or False: In Girls, the narrator enjoyed meeting Eileens parents.
- Slide 18
- True or False: Professor Hugo is from Mars.
- Slide 19
- True or False: In User Friendly, Louis thinks Kevin is wonderful.
- Slide 20
- True or False: The plot of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi involves a mongoose who threatens humans.
- Slide 21
- True or False: Mrs. Moreno is positive in the story Mother and Daughter.
- Slide 22
- In Rikki-Tikki-Tavi, we learn that mongooses and what are natural enemies?
- Slide 23
- How much did Professor Hugos zoo cost the people in Chicago?
- Slide 24
- What ultimately happened to the three main characters in Three Skeleton Key?
- Slide 25
- In Bargain what is the point of view?
- Slide 26
- In The Monsters are Due on Maple Street which character warns of an alien attack?
- Slide 27
- FINAL JEOPARDY CATEGORY: Short Story Trivia
- Slide 28
- Name one of the characters from Three Skeleton Key? SPELLING COUNTS PLAY AGAIN
View more >