Click here to load reader
Post on 25-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. Mount RushmoreBy Lucy Halcomb CRA Moncalvillo 2009
2. Where is Mount Rushmore?
- Mount Rushmore is located in the Black Hills of South Dakota. It has the faces of four United States presidents carved in the side of a mountian.
3. 4. Who is on Mount Rushmore?
- The presidents are: George Washington, Thomas Jeffeson, Theodore Roosevelt, and Abraham Lincoln.
- Each president is 18 meters tall.
5. Building Mount Rushmore
- Workers worked on the project from 1927-1941. They used dynamite to clear away unwanted rock.
6. Before and After 7. Visitors
- In the year 2004, over 2,000,000 people visited the monument.
- This is the main enterance to the Mount Rushmore National Memorial.
- The memorial has restaurants, gift shops, theaters, museums, walking trails and more. It is open seven days a week.
9. Avenue of Flags
- There are 56 flags on display at the Avenue of Flags.
- There is one flag for each of the fifty states, one for the District of Columbia, three for each U.S. territory, and two for each commonwealth.
10. Can you climb Mount Rushmore and touch the presidents?
- You can't touch them, but you can use binoculars to see them better.
- This observation deck has binoculars.
11. Who designed Mount Rushmore?
- It was designed by Gutzon Borglum.
- Four hundred workers worked on the mounument from 1927-1941.
- Several controversies surround the building of Mount Rushmore.
12. Original Plan
- This was the original design for Mount Rushmore, but there wasnt enough money to finish the work.