out of 53
Post on 29-Nov-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONPresentation on Mozilla's webmaker and web literacy mission and work. Presented through JISC on 4/27/12.
- 1. Building a generation of webmakers Erin Knight + Michelle Levesque Mozilla Foundation
- 2. webmakeranyone who makes things usingthe open ethos and building blocks of the web
- 3. this is ethan
- 4. he likes to makethings with legos
- 5. mozilla wants ethanto know the webis like legos
- 6. you can buildanything withthe web
- 7. anyone can be awebmaker
- 8. being a webmakercan make learningfun and relevantagain...
- 9. ...and the skillsinvolved areimportant life skills,a literacy
- 10. Why the web?
- 11. transparency community openness accessopportunity
- 12. The web as the medium
- 13. The web as the modeltransparency community openness accessopportunity
- 14. The web as the thing
- 15. The web as the thing
- 16. The web as the thing
- 17. The web as the thing
- 18. The web as the thing
- 19. Why webmaking?
- 20. interest-based learning.
- 21. embracing tinkering, trial and error, even failing.
- 22. jobs.
- 23. empowerment.
- 24. an approach to life.
- 25. webmaking =web literacy
- 26. its not aboutprogramming
- 27. its aboutpassion
- 28. what canpassion teach?
- 29. anything.
- 30. How are we going tocreate a generation of webmakers?
- 31. hint: not alone, but more on that later
- 32. software curriculum badges
- 33. skillssoftware curriculum badges
- 34. Mozilla is proposing a denition of web literacy
- 35. (web literacy)hard skills + soft skills
- 36. web literacy skills
- 37. RFC
- 38. web ethos, valuesweb practices, ways to think about the web web technical concepts
- 39. exploringauthoringconnecting buildingprotecting
- 40. deeper dive:https://teachwebmaking.mozillalabs.com
- 41. interviews experiencefocus groupspresentations/ feedback
- 42. evolutionin/out of scope? subset that isrequired for basic RFC level? higher levels?
- 43. How to getinvolved...
- 44. RFCfeedback!
- 45. Building a generation of webmakers... ...at web scale
- 46. we want build somethingBIG on this theory
- 47. but mozilla is quite small.
- 48. this is where people like heather come in
- 49. community etc.join us!
- 50. participate!June 23-24 + continued learning all summer + after parties in late summer!
- 51. Coming Soon: make.mozilla!! http://wiki.mozilla.org/Learninghttps://wiki.mozilla.org/Summer_Campaign_2012 http://teachwebmaking.mozillalabs.comMore from Erin: http://erinknight.com, @eknight More from Michelle: http://rwxweb.wordpress.com/
View more >