new practical english 1 listen and decode listen and respond listen and read listen and match listen...
out of 27
Post on 16-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- New Practical English 1 Listen and Decode Listen and Respond Listen and Read Listen and Match Listen and Conclude Listen and Complete Listen and Judge Being All Ears Being All Ears
- Slide 3
- New Practical English 1 It is a very lovely day. Bob and his Chinese friend Xiao Li would like to have some 1 (out-door, out-of-the-door, out-of-date) activity. Now they are discussing 2 (when to set off, what to do, whom to invite). Xiao Li hasnt made up her mind yet, and Bob suggests they go to the lake area by 3 (bus, bike, car). Xiao Li agrees by saying that they will have a good time enjoying the 4 (foods, routes, woods). Bob believes it must be very enjoyable for them to see the beautiful 5 (hill, view, dew) on their way to the lake area. Xiao Li suggests that they should take their time so that they can 6 (breathe in more fresh air, feel more relaxed, see more of nature). Theyve also decided to bring with them the 7 (basketball, swimming suits, barbecue grills). They will have a nice picnic by the 8 (lake, river, sea). Listen to Dialogue 1 and decode the message by finding the correct choices in the blanks according to what you hear. Listen and Decode
- Slide 4
- New Practical English 1 1 Why do Bob and his friend want to spend the day in the open air? 2 What does Bob think about an outdoor activity? Listen to the dialogue again and answer the following questions orally. Because the weather is so fine ideal for outdoor activities. He thinks an outdoor activity will be good for their health. Listen and Respond
- Slide 5
- New Practical English 1 3 Where will they go? 4 What will they enjoy there? They will go to the lake area. Enjoy the woods, fresh air, beauty of nature, and a barbecue picnic by the lake. Listen and Respond
- Slide 6
- New Practical English 1 5 Will they swim in the lake? Why or why not? 6 Will they have a picnic? How do you know that? No, the water might be too cold for swimming. Yes, they will, because they will bring barbecue grills with them. Listen and Respond
- Slide 7
- New Practical English 1 7What does Bobs last question imply? Bob also wants to fish in the lake. Listen and Respond
- Slide 8
- New Practical English 1 1 Lin seems to be________________fishing. 2 Lin went fishing with _____________________. 3 They didnt fish______________. 4 They used some small fish __________. 5 They only caught ________________ eels. 6 They sent the eels back _____________. very fond of his American friend in a boat as baits two small into the lake Listen to dialogue 2 and fill in the blanks. Listen and Complete
- Slide 9
- New Practical English 1 1Lin thinks people need fun and relaxation on weekends because ________. a. they are tired from a whole weeks work b. they have nothing to do at weekends c. they have to work overtime at weekends d. they are in low spirits at weekends 2Lin didnt fish in a boat because ________. a. he didnt like to fish in that way b. he didnt have a long fishing rod c. his friend was seasick in a boat d. his friend didnt want to take risks Listen and Judge Now listen to the dialogue again and try to do the multiple choice exercise below. a d
- Slide 10
- New Practical English 1 3 They put the fish they caught back into the sea because ________. a. eels are not delicious b. the eels were too small c. they prefer to catch shrimps ( ) d. they fished only for fun 4. What did they think of the experience? a. They found the eels delicious. b. They found it difficult to fish in a boat. c. They were disappointed about the small catch. d. They found it interesting and relaxing. b d
- Slide 11
- New Practical English 1 5. Now listen to something more challenging--- passage with some blanks for you to fill in. The words in the brackets will give you some hints. A glance beforehand at the word list provided below will be of some help to you. Many Americans have a strong love for cooking 1 (where?) _________. The minute the weather grows warm enough, 2 (who?) ________ set up their barbecues and have their first garden feast of the season. On any summer evening, you can smell the fragrant smell of 3 (what?) ______________ and grilling foods. families charcoal smoke outdoors Listen and Read
- Slide 12
- New Practical English 1 What foods do they barbecue? Beef, pork and chicken are always 4 (how?) __________, especially when they are cooked 5 (how?) _____________. Many people like to barbecue fish, too. Some garden cooks also grill 6 (what?) ____________, including mushrooms and green peppers. A really 7 (who?) ____________ will even cook a dessert over the charcoal. in a hot sauce vegetables clever cook popular Listen and Read
- Slide 13
- New Practical English 1 One reason Americans love outdoor cooking so much is that grilled foods taste 8 (how?) ___________. But there is another reason, too. At a barbecue, 9 (who?) __________ worries about being formal and dressing up. It is perfectly acceptable to wear old 10 (what?) ____________, eat with your fingers, and get sauce on your face. Thats all part of the true barbecue 11 (what?) ____________! so good nobody blue jeans experience Listen and Read
- Slide 14
- New Practical English 1 6. Listen to the passage again and match the information in Column A with the choices in Column B. Column A Column B 1 The passage says little about a. why Americans like barbecues. b. how Americans barbecue food. c. when Americans have barbecues. d. what Americans usually barbecue. Listen and Match
- Slide 15
- New Practical English 1 Listen to the passage again and match the information in Column A with the choices in Column B. Column A Column B 2 It can be concluded that at a barbecue a. meat is the most delicious food to cook. b. green pepper is used as seasoning. c. dessert is not very commonly cooked. d. only special fish could be grilled. Listen and Match
- Slide 16
- New Practical English 1 Listen to the passage again and match the information in Column A with the choices in Column B. Column A Column B 3 At a barbecue, people usually a. eat with forks and knives. b. wear a napkin around their neck. c. pay special attention to manners. d. dress in a casual way. Listen and Match
- Slide 17
- New Practical English 1 Listen to the passage again and match the information in Column A with the choices in Column B. Column A Column B 4The feature that is not mentioned as a true barbecue experience is a. the variety of grilled foods. b. the smell of charcoal smoke. c. the sauce on fingers and face. d. the warm fire on a cold evening. Listen and Match
- Slide 18
- New Practical English 1 Write out the general idea of the passage in one paragraph by answering the following questions. Many Americans have a strong love for cooking outdoors. Listen and Conclude 1 What outdoor activity do many Americans have a particular love for?
- Slide 19
- New Practical English 1 The minute the weather grows warm enough, American families will have their first garden barbecue of the season. On any summer evening you can smell the charcoal smoke and grilling foods. Listen and Conclude 2 When do American families start to have their first garden barbecue of the season? 3 What can you smell on any summer evening then?
- Slide 20
- New Practical English 1 Beef, pork and chicken are always popular. Some kinds of fish are especially popular to barbecue. Listen and Conclude 4 What are the popular foods to barbecue? 5 What else are especially popular to barbecue?
- Slide 21
- New Practical English 1 Cooks also grill vegetables. 7 What will a really clever cook make on a grill? A really clever cook will even cook a dessert over the charcoal. Listen and Conclude 6 Do they grill vegetables, too?
- Slide 22
- New Practical English 1 8What are the reasons why Americans love outdoor cooking so much? 9What is mentioned as part of the true barbecue experience? Americans love outdoor cooking so much because grilled foods taste so good and a barbecue is informal. They can wear old blue jeans, eat with fingers, and they dont need to worry about sauce on their face. Thats all part of the true barbecue experience. Listen and Conclude
- Slide 23
- New Practical English 1 Bob: Look, Xiao Li. What a clear day! Xiao Li: Yes, it looks very nice. A good day for outdoor activities. Bob: Right. And it will be good for us to spend time outdoors. What do you feel like doing exactly? Xiao Li: I havent made up my mind yet. What do you think? Dialogue 1
- Slide 24
- New Practical English 1 Bob: How about a bicycle ride to the lake area? Xiao Li: Good idea! Lets take a ride through the woods. Bob: Yeah! It would be so nice to take in the beauty of nature. Xiao Li: Yes, indeed. Wed better go slowly so that we can see more of the view. Bob: And we can take deep breaths of the fresh air.
- Slide 25
- New Practical English 1 Xiao Li: Now lets see what we should bring with us swimming suits? Bob: No, the water might be cold by now. Just some food and drinks. Oh, yes, and perhaps the barbecue grills. Xiao Li: Barbecue grills? All right. With them we can have a good picnic by the lake. Bob: And how about the fishing rod and fishing line?
- Slide 26
- New Practical English 1 Lin: After a whole weeks hard work, we need some f
View more >