new to homeschooling
Post on 27-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONNew to homeschooling slide that shares 10 tips for first-time homeschoolers.
- 1. PRESENTED BYVCA HOMESCHOOL PROGRAM New to Homeschooling?
- Pray and ask for Gods leading.Homeschooling is a supremely satisfying undertaking, but its also a full-time commitment.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/krissyt/64640602/ 3. Discuss
- Discuss the plan with your spouse or family member and secure support.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pfeyh/2969156416/ 4. Check
- Check your states homeschooling laws and file any necessary paperwork before your school year begins.
- Heres a good place to start:Home School Legal Defense Association
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr_t_in_dc/3756880888/ 5. Choose
- Choose the right curriculum and courses for your child by visiting local homeschool stores to familiarize yourself with products.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bcnbits/363695635/ 6. Test
- Test your childs skills in core subjects if you are uncertain of his or her grade level.For example, a student may have challenges with pre-algebra if he or she did not master multiplication tables.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rzganoza/4186516481/ 7. Set
- Set your school year schedule and dedicate an area in your home for your homeschool.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/babykayspics/4894865391/ 8. Contact
- Contact homeschool groups in your area for encouragement and inspiration.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rosetinted/489058882/ 9. Purchase
- Purchase art and supplemental school supplies appropriate to your childs grade level.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/playfulpics/3532161726/ 10. Research
- Research opportunities for extracurricular activities, such as sports and music.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/doug88888/4542297929/ 11. Schedule
- Schedule appointments and errands around your school day and structure daily activities around the whole family.