packaging your aiesec experience
out of 13
Post on 11-Aug-2014
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONThis presentation is mostly activity based. By the end of this session all AIESECers will understand how to package their AIESEC experience better in their CV?interview etc
- Packaging your AIESEC Experience*
- Why would an organization recruit people?
- Recruitment is the process by which a business seeks to hire the right person for a vacancy. The firm writes a job description and person specification for the post and then advertises the vacancy in an appropriate place.
- What are the top 10 skills that a company looks for in their employees?
- Writing a CV
- A curriculum vitae (CV) provides an overview of a person's experience and other qualifications. In some countries, a CV is typically the first item that a potential employer encounters regarding the job seeker and is typically used to screen applicants, often followed by an interview, when seeking employment. WHAT IS A CV?
- Your CV should be: - A well-presented, selling document - A source of interesting, relevant information - A script for talking about yourself Remember: The purpose of your CV is not to get you the job. It is to get you an interview!!
- What it should include: Choose a presentation format that allows you to headline key skills, key achievements or key attributes. Your employment history should commence with your current or most recent job and work backwards. Achievements should be short, bullet- pointed statements and include your role, the action you took and the result of your action. Hobbies: Drop them if you run out of space!! Information that clearly demonstrates your suitability for the role and enhances your chances of being short-listed should be included near the beginning of the CV Include details of recent training or skills development events you have attended which could be relevant. List all your professional memberships and relevant qualifications.
- LETS BUILD YOUR CV In groups of 3 or 4, come up with some narrative that you could put on a CV that describes what AIESEC - the organization - is all about. You will be briefed on your target organization on the next slide.
- Sell your experience to the following Come up with a summary on AIESEC geared to the following recruiters: Government job; Multinational; Venture capitalist; MBA college;
- I WANT VOLUNTEERS!
- Your AIESEC experience is work experience!
View more >