penance conversion confession forgiveness reconciliation penance
Post on 16-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Slide 2
- Penance Conversion Confession Forgiveness Reconciliation Penance
- Slide 3
- God loves us Good Shepherd who died for our sins. Wants us to repent Wants us to tell we are sorry. Wants it to help us become better. Wants us to be healed and saved.
- Slide 4
- Conversion Examine our lives Recognize failures Recognize areas of weakness/growth Humbles us Reminds us of our need for God
- Slide 5
- Confession Telling what we have done wrong A person is in a sense judging oneself as will be done at the end of the world.(CCC 1470) Why to a priest? It is like talking with Christ. Human and psychological good to tell someone else
- Slide 6
- Confession - cont All mortal sins must be confessed. (Kind, number, and type) Secrecy of confession called the sacramental seal or secret which binds the priest not to reveal anything in confession http://bustedhalo.com/vide o/penance-why-we-confess http://bustedhalo.com/vide o/penance-why-we-confess
- Slide 7
- Forgiveness Peter received keys Christ told them to forgive sins. Whose sins you forgive they are forgiven, and who sins are bound they are bound.
- Slide 8
- Forgiveness - cont Have to be sorry have contrition Requirement of contrition helps me to take it seriously, reform life Firm purpose of amendment Sin forgiven (God forgets it) even those we forget. Effects of sin remain (have a tendency to do it again. Only sin which cant be forgiven is when dont ask for forgiveness, sin against Holy Spirit.
- Slide 9
- Absolution God, the Father of mercies, through the death and the resurrection of his Son has reconciled the world to himself and sent the Holy Spirit among us for the forgiveness of sins; through the ministry of the Church may God give you pardon and peace, and I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
- Slide 10
- Reconciliation Heals our brokenness Removes the guilt Heals wound (restores relationship) with Christ and Church Grace given which includes help to overcome the sin
- Slide 11
- Penance Confession is part of penance and satisfaction, humbling. We have to make amends Atones for sins Helps us not to do it again. There is consequences to our sin It remits temporal punishment.
- Slide 12
- How to go http://bustedhalo.com/features/confession-101-part-one http://bustedhalo.com/features/confession-101-part-two http://bustedhalo.com/features/confession-101-part-two
- Slide 13
- Act of Contrition My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against You whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered and died for us. In his name, my God, have mercy.
View more >