personal learning networks
Post on 06-May-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONCreated in January 2008 to facilitate conversation at a session for the ECIS ' ISTE IT Leadership conference in Prague.
- 1.Julie Lindsay Qatar Academy [email_address] http://123elearning.blogspot.com Prepared for ECIS/ISTE IT Leadership Conference Prague, January 2008
- An extended community of people that you can interact with regularly
A personally chosen collection of resources you can go to when you want to learn something Photo credit: http://flickr.com/photos/seeminglee/2060090675/ 3.
- Foster conversation and social learning through connectivity and interactivity
Ongoing professional developmentMake important professional connections globally 4.
- Encourages a global perspective
Acts as a lifeline for quick fixes Caveat: A network is only as valuable and useful as what participants contribute Photo credit: http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=2112632514&size=m Gets educators sharing, communicating and collaborating 5. BLOG BLOG BLOG BLOG Reflecting Sharing Connecting Collaborating Posting Commenting 6. Micro-Blogging Microbogging with 140 characters at a time 7.
Google reader http://google.com/reader 9.
- Foster a PLN amongst teachers at your school using Web 2.0 tools
Bring in the global extended communityand provide opportunities for all participants Example: global conversations amongst international schools Shift Our SchoolsPodcast by Jeff Utecht and David carpenter 10.
- My Delicious tag for PLN:
Powerful Learning Practices http://www.plpnetwork.com/index.html Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach and Will Richardson supporting learning communities E-Learning 4 Life Ning http://elearning4life.ning.com Flat Classroom Project Ning http://flatclassroomproject.wikispaces.com Shift our Schools: SOS Podcast http://www.thethinkingstick.com/ondeck/