Pocket Farming for Health and Wellness
out of 38
Post on 22-Aug-2014
DESCRIPTIONIf one would ask, why I started planting, Id automatically give you three reasons: The first and most important reason would be my family. As it is with any mother, I wanted my family to be healthy and be free from all sickness and disease. But, as our business grew, my family and I started to feel the pinch of a very stressful life. We had less time to eat properly; which led to us getting sick very often. It was at that moment that I decided that I had had enough! It was time to change their diets Picture Despite some of their protests, I made them eat lots of greens, drink fruit and vegetable juices and reduce their carbohydrate intake. After some time their health improved and they became less sickly. At that point, I had made up my mind. I decided that I would plant vegetables in our backyard for the health of my family. My main problem, however, was that I didnt know how to go about it. This leads us to my second reason. Back in early 2012, our company, Our Knowledge Consulting (Asia), decided to host an agricultural event. Trying to come up with a good event, I looked for seasoned speakers and hands-on trainers. Luckily I came across Jojo Roms Facebook profile where I saw his farm in containers! I invited him to be our main speaker for the agricultural event we were setting up. Our meeting with Jojo soon gave birth to our advocacy, Farm Nation. That meeting also ignited the gardening fire in mewhich leads us to my last reason. I discovered that I really love gardening! Through the techniques that I learned from Farm Nation and Jojo Rom, I knew that I could pursue my dream of creating my very own home farm... which we now call Pocket Farms. Ive soon realized that the amount of space didnt really matter. So long as you have creativity and patience, your dream of having your very own home farm wont be far away literally. Now, Id like to share this knowledge to everyone. Id like to tell everyone that, no matter where we live in an apartment, condominium, etc.- or how big or small our house is, we can plant healthy vegetables, herbs and fruits for our families well being. Filipinos need to realize that Pocket Farming is not costly, messy or impossible. All you really need is a little patience, creativity and love to make your very own Pocket Farm.
- pocket farming forhealth and wellness by: helen p. san agustin
- its time to break the bounds what did we learn from this activity?
- some common questions about pocket farming
- what is a pocket farm?
- this is a pocket farm
- this is also a pocket farm
- and so is this one
- how did i get started with pocket farming?
- less stress safer food less garbage less expenses healthier lifestyle what are the benefits of pocket farming?
- less stress
- safer food
- less garbage
- less expenses
- healthier lifestyle
- where do we plantthem?
- we can use plastic bottles
- or just about any type of container
- we can use them this way
- or this way
- or this way
- or just about any way
- what if we dont have soil?
- we can make our own soil
- by a process called composting
- well also need these little helpers
- how do we carefor them?
- well, we water them
- give them lots of sun
- and fertilize them
- what about plant problems?
- getting rid of pests
- treating plant diseases
- other stuff
- create big enough holes for drainage evaluate your light give your plant proper nutrients list what you need before buying plants combine plants with similar needs read and save the plant tag sometimes plants die acclimatize your plants the more potting soil the better choose plants that fit the way you live ten tips for beginners
- connectwith us on facebook
- www.Facebook.com/PocketFarmsManila www.Facebook.com/FarmNationPH www.Facebook.com/SMEForum
- connectwith our-knowledgeon
- www.OurKnowledge.Asia www.Linkedin.com/Company/Our-Knowledge-Consulting-Asia- www.Facebook.com/OurKnowledgeAsia www.twitter.com/OurKnowledgePH
View more >
Lifestyles for Health, Fitness, and Wellness ? C Lifestyles for Health, Fitness, and Wellness oncept Section 1 1 Health, Wellness, Fitness, and Healthy Lifestyles: An Introduction Good health, wellness,
Ergonomic Workplace Design for Health, Wellness, and ... Books.56lBZ] Download Ebook Ergonomic Workplace Design For Health, Wellness, And Productivity (Ergonomic Workplace Design for Health, Wellness, and
Health and Wellness Programs for Hospital Employees ... - please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Health and Wellness Programs for Hospital Employees 3 ... Health and Wellness Programs for Hospital Employees 9
Health and Wellness for All - Prairie Mountain ? 4 Health and Wellness for All Our Mission Together,