positioning of pepsi and coca cola
of 21 /21
Post on 07-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. PRESENTERS : ANAM SHAHID
- 2. INTRODUCTION Started in 1886 in Atlanta by pharmacist named Dr. John S. Pemberton. served at Jacobs Pharmacy. Company accountant, Frank Robinson, names the drink Coca-Cola, and thinking the two Cs would look well in advertising, The first newspaper ad appears announcing Coca-Cola as a Delicious and Refreshing Beverage. In 1887, the first marketing efforts in Coca-Cola history were executed through coupons promoting free samples of the beverage.
- 3. John Pemberton registers his Coca-Cola Syrup and Extract label as a copyright with the U.S. Patent Office. Fast forward to the 1970s when Coca-Colas advertising started to reflect a brand connected with fun, friends and good times. 1971 Hilltop Singers performing Id Like to Buy the World a Coke, or the 1979 Have a Coke and a Smile commercial featuring a young fan giving a bottle of coca cola The 1980s memorable slogans as Coke is It!, Catch the Wave and Cant Beat the Feeling. In 1993, Coca-Cola experimented with computer animation, and the popular Always Coca-Cola campaign was launched in a series of ads featuring animated polar bears. the most famous advertising slogans in Coca-Cola history The Pause That Refreshes
- 4. In 2009, the Open Happiness campaign was unveiled globally. The central message of Open Happiness is an invitation to billions around the world to pause, refresh with a Coca-Cola, and continue to enjoy one of lifes simple pleasures. The Open Happiness message was seen in stores, on billboards, in TV spots and printed advertising along with digital and music components Coke studio is a continuation of publicity by musical component . Because music is the common element of refreshment and happiness in all kind of nations.
- 5. The first servings of Coca-Cola were sold for 5 cents per glass. During the first year, sales averaged a modest nine servings per day in Atlanta. Today, daily servings of Coca-Cola beverages are estimated at 1.9 billion globally.
- 6. Introduction Pepsi is a carbonated soft drink that is produced and manufactured by PepsiCo. Created and developed in 1893 and introduced as Brad's Drink. Named after digestive enzyme Pepsin & Kola Nuts used in the recipe. Named as Pepsi Cola on June 16, 1903 & then as Pepsi in 1961.
- 7. During the Great Depression, Pepsi gained popularity following the introduction in 1936 of a 12-ounce bottle. With a radio advertising campaign featuring the jingle "Pepsi-Cola hits the spot / Twelve full ounces, that's a lot / Twice as much for a nickel, too / Pepsi-Cola is the drink for you. Registered trademark on June, 1903. Rivalry continued in 1970 due to Pepsi Challenge. Pepsi also has sponsorship deals in international cricket teams. In May 2012 Brad Jakeman, Pepsis new chief creative officer was tasked with creating a new global campaign. He spent nine months and over $5 million dollars to figure out Coke is timeless. Pepsi is timely.
- 8. Positioning coca cola vs pepsi Target Audience Brand persona Core essence of positioning Star power