prep and circumstance: confab 2016
out of 40
Post on 22-Jan-2018
Embed Size (px)
- 1. PREP AND CIRCUMSTANCE M A K I N G A N N UA L E V E N T S N E W S W O R T H Y T I M E A F T E R T I M E
- 2. WELCOME AND HELLO Kristen Bailey Communications Manager email@example.com @kshawbailey Serena Wallace Event Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org @thefriz11
- 3. WHAT IS THIS? A Commencement Case Study (Fall 2015)
- 4. Through Spring 2013: Just a traditional news release No homepage presence HOW WERE WE ACKNOWLEDGING IT?
- 5. WHY CHANGE? WHY CHANGE?
- 6. Commencement felt stale We were on auto-pilot Repeating without innovation Didnt match our facelift WHY CHANGE?
- 7. WHY CHANGE NOW?
- 8. Milestone = Deadline WHY CHANGE NOW?
- 9. WHY CHANGE NOW? Positive response from small scale test
- 10. We had the right people and resources. WHY CHANGE NOW?
- 11. Large group brainstorming Likes and dislikes equally important Benchmark HOW TO START
- 12. HOW TO START Reformat the Parent Postcard Have oldest grad in the ceremony Invite alumni to sit at the ceremony Throwback edition of the Technique/Whistle Monthly articles on Commencement traditions Commencement App Reformat the Commencement webpage Have golfcart rides from parking Make a student seating chart Add Live pre-ceremony video Have commentators on the webstream Create an interactive program for online Add social media posts to the pre-show Email parents as students walk across stage Add screens to line up Create program games like a scavenger hunt Use go-pros to get different ceremony POV Create a mortar board decorating contest New infographics about the ceremony for web and jumbo tron use Show ceremony stats during the ceremony Create a new commencement prep video Add LED screens to the stage Add decorations to O'Keefe Gym Light up the campus in celebration Place regalia around campus Add more video elements to the live show Give commencement signage to colleges Robots at the ceremony More balloons Redesign the banners Add live music to the ceremony Redesign the commencement program Create commencement graphics for gatech.edu Volunteer recruitment campaign Add humor and memes to student communications Text message system for students or guests Mobile ticketing system
- 13. Or, how Commencement will take over the world Main page = Commencement Extend the life of the event Get excited EVENT GOALS
- 14. Go beyond the basics of Commencement day Celebrate the Tech community and tradition Make this Commencement special for both the graduates and the people who go every semester GOALS
- 15. GOALS The Official Collaboration List Create evergreen videos Actively curate our pre-show Have homepage reflect that its Commencement Create Commencement-related features to lead up to the ceremony
- 16. WHAT CHANGED?
- 17. WHAT CHANGED? B-Roll for days!
- 18. WHAT CHANGED? Created videos unique to Commencement, but evergreen to play
- 19. Commencement LIVE Event pre-show Entertain guests Showcase our students Reuse content WHAT CHANGED?
- 20. WHAT CHANGED?
- 21. WHAT CHANGED?
- 22. WHAT CHANGED?
- 23. WHAT CHANGED?
- 24. WHAT CHANGED?
- 25. WHAT CHANGED?
- 26. WHAT CHANGED?
- 27. WHAT CHANGED?
- 28. WHAT CHANGED?
- 29. WHAT CHANGED?
- 30. DID WE ACHIEVE OUR GOALS?
- 31. Event Goals Commencement reign supreme Extend the life of the event Happy faces News Goals Go beyond basics Celebrate people and tradition Make it special whether it's your first or 50th ceremony HOW DO WE MEASURE SUCCESS?
- 32. Commencement coverage began mid-November. Homepage domination began beginning of Commencement week. HOW DO WE MEASURE SUCCESS?
- 33. For month of Fall 2015 Commencement, our three Commencement features were the most viewed on our site. Cap and Gown: Got as many clicks in two days as we typically get in one week. What Not to Wear: top story on our entire news site. Features six months later: Breaking Down the Cap and Gown: #7 A Family Tradition: #15 Looking Back: #21 HOW DO WE MEASURE SUCCESS?
- 34. HOW DO WE MEASURE SUCCESS?
- 35. HOW DO WE MEASURE SUCCESS?
- 36. WHERE TO FROM HERE?
- 37. Start each semester with a brainstorm Identify what can we re-use Create a formula to reach all audiences Graduates Alumni/Guests Faculty/Staff Expand the group WHERE TO FROM HERE?
- 38. WHERE TO FROM HERE?
- 39. WHERE TO FROM HERE?
- 40. THANK YOU Kristen Bailey Communications Manager email@example.com @kshawbailey Serena Wallace Event Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org @thefriz11
View more >