Post on 25-Jun-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONGeneral presentation for civilians on why and how to prepare for an emergency
- 1. Benton County Welcomes You
2. The Ancient Athenians had a Code
- We will never bring disgrace on this our City by any act of dishonesty or cowardice.
- We will fight for the ideals and sacred things of the City both alone and with many.
- We will revere and obey the Citys laws and do our best to incite a like reverence and respect in those above us who are prone to annul them or set them at naught.
- We will strive increasingly to quicken the publics sense ofcivic duty . Thus in all these ways we will transmit this City, not only not less, but greater and more beautiful than it was transmitted to us.
3. Prepare America It is Your Civic Duty 4. If not, Why Not? 5. Why Prepare
- The knock at the door may be like the following:
- Hello, I am from the government and I am not here to help you!
We can learn from our children 6. Your familys Safety is up to YOU! What can you do? 7. Three Steps
- Make a plan
- Get a kit
- Be informed
8. Start with a Plan 9. Step 1 Make a Plan! 10. 11. 12. 13. Step 2 Make a Kit! 14. Step 3 Be Informed! 15. Other Considerations
- Elderly parents
- Family members w/special needs
- Pets and other animals
16. What else can you do?
- Join the Citizens Corp
- Contact RSVP at the St. Cloud City Hall
- Visit web sites on preparedness
- Help your neighbors now rather than when you are taking care of your own family