qcl-15-v4_[challengeno1]_[vjti]_[nishka vikas gulati]
out of 15
Post on 14-Aug-2015
Embed Size (px)
- 1. CHALLENGE 1 5S GROCERY STORE Team members Nishka Gulati Sairaj Hemachandran
- 2. INTRODUCTION TO 5S It is a methodology for organizing, cleaning, developing, and sustaining a productive work environment. 5S is a system to reduce waste and optimize productivity through maintaining an orderly workplace. 5S is the name of a workplace organization method that uses a list of five Japanese words:
- 3. INTRODUCTION TO 5S Japanese word English translation Seiri Sort Seiton Set in order / Straighten Seiso Shine Seiketsu Standardize Shitsu Sustain
- 4. INTRODUCTION TO 5S SORT - It focuses on eliminating unnecessary items from the workplace that are not needed for current production operations. SET IN ORDER - It focuses on arranging items so that they are easy to use and to label them so that they are easy to find and put away. SHINE It focuses on thoroughly cleaning the work area. STANDARDIZE It is a method to maintain the first three pillars which creates a consistent approach with which tasks and procedures are done SUSTAIN It focuses on making a habit of properly maintaining correct procedures.
- 5. HISTORY OF 5 S o5S was developed in Japan oIt was identified as one of the techniques that enabled just in time manufacturing. oThis approach has its origins in post-World War II Japanprobably in the mid 1950s. oIt was developed at the time when Japanese manufacturing companies were forced to produce with very few resources
- 6. POOR 5S PRACTICES o Wastage of raw materials if sorting not done. o Unnecessary items get collected. o Difficult to find necessary items if they are not set in order. o Wastage of time in finding required items. o Customer gets irritated if he cant find the required items quickly. o Coordination between employee is not proper. o Productivity is less. o Workplace is not efficient. o If workplace is not clean it not hygienic.
- 7. MAGNITUDE OF PROBLEM Customer is irritated as she cannot find necessary items and hence her time is wasted Unnecesary items collected that make the grocery dirty Necessary items are not arranged properly Improper utilisation of space
- 8. MAGNITUDE OF PROBLEM Unecessary items collected that make the grocery dirty Items not segregated into proper categories
- 9. RECOMMENDATIONS SORT 1. Remove unnecessary items and dispose of them properly. 2. Evaluate necessary items with regard to cost or other factors. 3. Remove all parts not in use. 4. Segregate unwanted material from the workplace. 5. Need fully skilled supervisor for checking on regular basis. 6. RED TAGGING - . A red tag is placed on unnecessary items. Once the red tag items are identified, these items are then moved to a central holding area for subsequent disposal, recycling, or reassignment. 7. Define a red-tagged area to keep those unnecessary items
- 10. RECOMMENDATIONS SET IN ORDER 1. Arrange all necessary items so they can be easily selected for use. 2. Paint floors. 3. Affix labels and placards to designate proper storage locations and methods. 4. Outline work areas and locations. 5. Install modular shelving and cabinets. SHINE 1. Clean your workplace completely. 2. Use cleaning as inspection. 3. Prevent machinery and equipment deterioration. 4. Keep workplace safe and easy to work.
- 11. RECOMMENDATIONS STANDARDIZATION 1. Standardize the best practices in the work area. 2. Maintain orderliness. Maintain everything in order and according to its standard. 3. Everything in its right place. SUSTAIN 1. To keep in working order. 2. Perform regular audits. 3. Training and Discipline. 4. Training is goal oriented process. Its result feedback is necessary monthly.
- 12. AFTER APPLYING 5S It reduces waste and optimizes productivity. Make it easy to find and pick up necessary items. Prevent loss and waste of time. It saves energy of employee. Customer is happy because items are easily found. Efficiency ,effectiveness and productivity increases. Keep workplace safe and easy to work. Causes smooth and efficient flow of activities. Work place is clean. A cleaner workplace is a safer workplace.
- 13. AFTER APPLYING 5S Items segregated into proper categories makes it easy for the customer to find required items clean workplace
- 14. GROUP LEARNING o We learnt how implementation of 5s benefits the workplace. o Sorting and orderly arrangement of raw materials reduces its wastage. o Cleaning the workplace maintains a hygienic environment. o It builds understanding among employees of how they should do the work. o Implementing 5s increases efficiency and productivity of the workplace. o It can also be applied at home,factory,hospitals,labs,kitchen etc.
- 15. THANK YOU IMAGE CREDITS :- www.google.com
View more >