rhythm of poetry- day 3- what makes it “good?” day 1= what is poetry? day 2= is poetry...
out of 13
Post on 22-Dec-2015
Embed Size (px)
- Slide 1
- Rhythm of poetry- Day 3- What makes it good? Day 1= What IS poetry? Day 2= Is poetry important? Day 4= The effect of Poetry Day 5= What will your verse be?
- Slide 2
- Re-cap... Day 1= Essential Understandings Based on what weve done today, what is your final definition of poetry? How does poetry affect identity? How does identity affect poetry? Day 2= Essential Understandings Is poetry important? Why/Why not? (Think individual, local, global) How did poetry affect the identity of the examples weve looked at? How did the people we looked at impact poetry? How does poetry affect humanity?
- Slide 3
- Todays Question: Journal a list of criteria for what makes a good poem... Discuss ->
- Slide 4
- Definition (again) Poetry is A creative form of transformative (art) with endless possibilities that gives a unique way of expressing yourself and the things around you. Poetry is a form of expressive writing that can be enhanced visually, musically or kinesthetically to convey a particular theme. Do you want to revise your list?
- Slide 5
- Read this poem... Whats going on in this poem? What do you see that makes you say that? What else can you find? What do you see that makes you say that? Does anyone see something different? Is it any good? Why? (why not?)
- Slide 6
- What about this poem? Whats going on in this poem? What do you see that makes you say that? What else can you find? What do you see that makes you say that? Does anyone see something different? Is it any good? (Why? Why not?)
- Slide 7
- And the award goes to... Which poem do you think is MOST deserving of these awards? Why do you think that? You must read ALL POEMS before you decide which award to give. Add Silent Night, Rock-a-bye Baby. What other award categories would you like to see?
- Slide 8
- Poem first Read this poem first, THEN give the award to it! Why did you choose THAT award? Which poem would you give the transformative award to? Which poem deserves the best poem award? Why do you think this?
- Slide 9
- What makes a poem GOOD? Based on our discussion, modify your list of things that you think makes a GOOD poem...
- Slide 10
- Research... For the rest of class, youre going to be using the computers to research various songs and poems. I want you to begin your list of your Top 20 hits For each song that you include, be prepared to explain WHY you think its good! Pay attention to any qualities of a good poem that youd like to add!
- Slide 11
- Wrap up... Create a NEW I Am poem. Be sure to incorporate some of the concepts weve discussed about what makes a poem good. How has this lesson impacted your identity? How did this lesson affect your poetry? How have the poems that youve chosen impact humanity?
- Slide 12
- For tomorrow... Role of Song in Family Life: Interview older relatives or neighbors and ask them about the role songs played in their lives! When did they sing? What were the songs or lyrics... Discuss your findings and compare with the role of music in todays families. Song lyrics and Artists Point of View: Identify social issues presented in songs of the past. Use clues in the song lyrics to determine the artists point of view, and also compare these songs to popular songs of today. Are the issues similar or different?
- Slide 13
- Our list from today= Good poems must... Have a theme Make you think Be transformative Display creativity Add= Inspire emotion Be expressive Be original Take out= Make sense Enjoyable Interpret Effective
View more >