rss why should i care
out of 12
Post on 30-Jan-2015
Embed Size (px)
DESCRIPTIONRSS is an emerging technology for learning, but why should I give a toss?
- 1. Why should I care? RSS
- 2. What is RSS?
- R eally S imple S yndication
- Or Rich Site Summary
- Traditional online sources of information require you to visit
- How do I stay in touch?
- RSS pushes the content you choose
- Automatic content aggregation and organisation
- 3. How does it work?
- Sites with frequently updated content encapsulate the headlines and make them available in a format read by RSS readers.
- As consumers, we subscribe in one of a number of ways.
- As the host site refreshes its content, your aggregated version updates too.
- 5. PageFlakes.com
- RSS Aggregator
- Pulls together any rss feed into one page
- Can be organised into topic pages
- Can include widgets as well as rss feeds
- Can include podcast feeds and video feeds
- You can Pagecast to an audience (or class)
- So what?
- 6. So much content so little time
- Choose something you are interested in (not just education)
- How long have you been interested in it?
- Who are the leaders in this field?
- How much has it changed in the time you have been interested in it?
- 9. We must learn about this world we are teaching in...
- We must model learning by being learners
- Do your students see you learning?
- Close the gap
- Do you have a program of professional reading?
- Is professional reading a luxury or an imperative?
- We need stimlus to be reflective
- 10. Will it help me teach?
- Pagecasts on a particular topic
- Legal issues related to Stage 6
- Climate change
- Fan fiction at www.fanfiction.com
- Social justice issues
- Sports info
- Science news for space and astronomy
- Flickr images on a topic
- 11. You too can get syndicated
- Podcast your lessons to ShareCast
- Use a public blog and have your students subscribe
- Subscribe to your students wikis
- Publish your students writing to the world
- 12. How to add a feed
View more >
RSS Lab 1 Checkoff - RSS Lab 1 Checkoff Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to familiarize
What is RSS? and Why Should You (teacher, librarian, student) Care?” Jo Ann Ponville EBRPSS Instructional Technology Facilitator
Why Large Hospitality Companies Should Welcome “Credibly ... ?· Why Large Hospitality Companies Should…
ISLAM Part 1. So, why should we care about Islam? Why should we study about it? So, why should we care about Islam? Why should we study about it?